News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger R/T sunroof

Started by tan top, February 12, 2016, 09:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

Looks like it is in good hands!  :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

That is cool! Cool fender tag, too.
I assume you are restoring it with the original drivetrain?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

6bblgt

the fender tag and original drivetrain are long gone, it acquired the hood, a 383, 4-spd, 11" brakes, & an 8-3/4" somewhere along the way.  20+ years ago

when this project started, it was just going to get a flat hood, steel wheels/hub caps & a GW3 "sno white" paint job, to look like it did in the parts book.  :scratchchin: look at it now  :shruggy: :scratchchin: :shruggy:

it originally appears to have had 6 OPTIONS when new - white sidewall tires, front bumper guards, cloth & vinyl seats, body side stripes, AM radio, & a clock.

Charger_Fan

Ah, I see. Too bad it came to you incomplete. I assume you have the build sheet, then?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

6bblgt

472 R/T SE

You'll be taking it back to as factory as possible correct?

I had a '70 Barracuda Grand Coupe with a super low VIN.  I wanna say the last 2 numbers were in the 60's.  It was suppose to be one of the 1st e body out of the LA plant that sold new to the Olympia, Wa. area???
Nothing special, 318, auto, salt/pepper interior seats.  It was gonna be my race car.

I sold while in the hospital with broken back & freshly paralyzed.

GOTWING

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 13, 2016, 07:13:11 PM
AFAIK August scheduled "PROMO" & "SHOW CARS" were officially "DEALER ANNOUNCEMENT UNIT" (at least for the 1969 model year).  there were cars built for both the US and CANADA markets

the purpose of these cars was to showcase the new cars to dealer principals (& whoever else could manage an invite) at regional meetings before the official "on public sale" date for the new model year (late-August, early-September).  there were identical well OPTIONED cars  (usually, CA cars had N95 for example) of many different models specifically built for each of these "regional meetings".  all these cars were "Y16 - SALES BANK" as Chrysler did not have a dealership in mind when the cars were built, they were built for the "SHOW" & ended up as dealer demos or sitting in "SHOWROOMS" on display.  all of the '70 model year Chrysler domestic automobiles went on "official sale" Tuesday 9/23/69.

a number of examples of the collectable '70 "SHOW CAR" e & b-bodies survive, but very few of the a & c-bodies 4-doors and/or wagons are known to exist - the b-bodies that were there include:
USA -

Why is Satellite spelled wrong on the top of the window sticker ?  :eek2:
BEE hardtop "top banana" w/black 440+6 4-spd,
Coronet 500 hardtop "light gold metallic" w/gold 383 4bbl auto,
Coronet R/T convertible "sublime" w/white 440 4bbl auto,
Charger "bright blue metallic" w/blue 318 auto,
Charger R/T SE "HEMI orange" w/black 440+6 auto
CANADA -
RR convertible "deep burnt orange metallic" w/black 383 4bbl 4-spd,
GTX "blue fire metallic" w/white 440 4bbl auto,
BEE hardtop "bright blue metallic" 440+6 4-spd,
Coronet R/T convertible "white" w/white 440 4bbl auto

pre-production "PILOT" cars were built before the model years production started - for 1970 these cars received a FRIDAY 801-SPD (I'd bet UAW membership was NOT working 8/1/69 in St. Louis)
production "DEALER ANNOUNCEMENT UNIT" were built during the first months' production - for 1970 these cars received a SATURDAY 802-SPD (again, I'd bet UAW membership was NOT working 8/2/69 in St. Louis)

remember the SPD is "SCHEDULED" - one of the "SHOW CAR" R/T SE 440 Six-Pack Chargers that I have info on - was "in plant" being assembled at St. Louis on Friday 8/15/69