News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Family problems might land me a chevy truck

Started by mustanghater, April 16, 2006, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

My uncle has been selling his Chevy truck cause he lost his job and got divorced. The truck is really clean and only needs a repaint and is a 350 3 speed. Its list for 2k on a Chevy forum but said he's sell it to me for $1100. It is his dream truck and says he will never come across one as clean as this one. I really want this truck but i don't know. I'm second in line cause a guy in the finger lakes wants to buy it but he wants to keep it in the family till he gets things straightened out.
This is the truck he's a member on this site.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=191538
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

69 OUR/TEA

If you like it and want it,get it!!! Don't worry about what people say or think,going on a limb here as  I love mopars,but I am not one of those mopar or no car types.I have had an 89 chevy 4x4 for 12 years currently at 236k miles on original drivetrain and rust free body,will keep another 12,does'nt owe me a dime.I also have a couple of buicks and one ford.The ford is a 34 model b pickup streetrod that has been in family 45 years and last june with a passing of a family member,now has come to me.

terrible one

I agree. I don't really like it, but if you do then get it. However, remember that that is $1100 that could go towards your Charger, if you are still looking for one.

greenpigs

Well, I doubt your uncle would want you to flip it on him :icon_smile_big: so if you get it your mostly just keeping it till he can afford it again. Do you want to hear him bitch if you change the color or wreck it?

$1100 isn't much but your not going to make any off this deal either..I would pass.. but it might be good for you.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Old Moparz

I'll agree that it doesn't make one bit of difference what it is if you need wheels to get around. I love Mopars & prefer them over other cars, but have owned other brands & don't give a rat's ass about what anyone else says or thinks about what I drive. My daily driver to work is a 1995 Ford F-150 that's been a very reliable vehicle. You wouldn't be making a mistake for $1100 if the truck is in good, dependable condition. I say that because restoring & repairing an old car that's your only car, & also your daily driver just doesn't work.

Ask yourself a few things, & use this possible purchase checklist:

1)   Will you have to put money into the truck or is it ready to use?
2)   Do you like your uncle?
3)   Was your uncle ever your babysitter when you were young?
4)   Did he do more than babysit?
5)   Are you still having nightmares because of your uncle's babysitting?
6)   Will buying this truck allow you to put some other money into therapy?
7)   If you got the truck & smashed it, would you be happy that he was upset?
8)   Are you planning to run him down with his own truck?
9)   Can you drive good & keep the truck nice?
10) If none of the above apply to you, have you given any thought to a Honda with a wing?
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

mustanghater

I would not sell it. He wants to buy it back in the future and my storage space is across the street from his cabin witch is not even a mile over the PA boarder out side a town called linesville witch is 500 miles from New York City and 500 miles from Chicago
New Muscle car forum

my73charger

Just don't do like my nephew did.  I had a 1970 Dodge Challenger and he begged me for it continually and finally when I was in a position where I needed money I caved in and sold on the agreement that he would sell it back to me if he ever got rid of it.  He didn't, he sold it to a friend instead and his friend rapped it around a tree. :flame:

mustanghater

I wont. For &250 dollars i can buy one the same year but a 4x4 but the truck is rusted pretty badly but the frame is solid. My uncle was originaly buying the second truck to mount it on but when he lost his job that plan went bye bye.
New Muscle car forum

squeakfinder

IMO theres nothing wrong with Chevy/gmc pickups and blazer's of that generation. They are actually becoming quite collectable.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

Are you pretty close to this uncle that has the truck?

67_Dodge_Charger

Just consider it an investment to help out family.  I would use it for a parts runner for the charger.   :icon_smile_cool:

-Robert

moparsons

Looks like a decent truck to me. Some wheels and some cleaning, and she'd be kinda purdy!!!

mustanghater

I was sitting in my bed last night thinking about this truck and my mind just went blank. I was thinking I'm a mopar guy i don't need a F@#$ing chevy truck. This uncle isn't the best guy in the world. We can have long car talks and thats just about it. I don't ever remember getting gifts from this uncle. I can get a survivor super coupe for a little bit more then the truck and i can have fun with it.
New Muscle car forum

derailed

Quote from: mustanghater on April 19, 2006, 07:50:19 PM
my mind just went blank.
ill bet you have that problem alot j/k ;D  Most of my Uncles never really gave me big gifts for anything but there still all great guys that i would give the shirt off my back for. I would definitly take that truck over any super coupe. What would you possibly do with that?