News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird nose?

Started by Bdlakey, December 23, 2016, 05:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bdlakey

I bought a 69 charger that someone was trying to recreate the concept car they called the supercharger.  Im putting the car back as a regular charger but I want to sell the nose they put on it.  The nose looks to be new because there is not a dent or ding anywhere in it besides what they was doing in the middle of it. They was adding a ridge down the middle but I thought superbird cars had that ridge on them already. Can't seem to get the pictures to upload

A383Wing

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Bdlakey on December 23, 2016, 05:44:00 PM
I bought a 69 charger that someone was trying to recreate the concept car they called the supercharger.  Im putting the car back as a regular charger but I want to sell the nose they put on it.  The nose looks to be new because there is not a dent or ding anywhere in it besides what they was doing in the middle of it. They was adding a ridge down the middle but I thought superbird cars had that ridge on them already. Can't seem to get the pictures to upload

Chances are that it's a daytona nose, as the bird nose is rather larger, and even if cut down presents a lot of changes to match the Charger fender contour, as well as hood profile/contour...by "not a dent or ding" I assume it's steel?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Bdlakey on December 23, 2016, 05:44:00 PM
Can't seem to get the pictures to upload

Either the pics are too large?, or if your getting a "sorry but that pic is already posted" type of response, just rename the pic something like "XXXXXXXXXX5555555534" or something ridicules, as that seems the only way to post pics here

Mike

Bdlakey

Bdlakey

DAY CLONA

yep that's (was) a bird nose!, still repairable though, hard to tell if it's original or repro...Z bars and Channels appear steel as well

Too bad they cut a Bird nose for the project, as a Daytona nose was actually used on the SuperCharger showcar

Bdlakey

I'm trying to upload some pictures of the car they was working on. It will make you sick. I had this car blasted and it is 99.9 percent rust free car. Not one single pit of rust on the upper or lower part of the floors or trunk

SBBob

Here is a picture of the real Supercharger I took in the mid 1990's.
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

Redbird

I think it might be a Jack McGauhey steel nose, from the sides being multi pieces.

Bdlakey

moparstuart

looks like junk I'll give you a couple hundred bucks for it   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

birdsandbees

Quote from: moparstuart on December 23, 2016, 09:49:35 PM

;D
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Bdlakey

:smilielol:  I think I'll pass on that.  I'll probably fix it than try to sell it

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: moparstuart on December 23, 2016, 09:49:35 PM

I'll go $400. ;)

Mopar John

If we think it was one of Jacks noses, what was he selling them for?
MJ

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mopar John on December 24, 2016, 07:03:03 PM
If we think it was one of Jacks noses, what was he selling them for?
MJ

Jack McG's nosecones avg $6500 last I recall

DAY CLONA

Bdlakey, are those Z bars in the nosecone, steel and painted like a flat "army green" or "mustard yellow"?

Mike

Bdlakey

Black. The epoxy primer I sprayed was like a green color

Bdlakey