News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoPar City Junkyard Tour

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, September 11, 2011, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benji

Bone yards are supposed to turn the titles into the state, but I am good friends with a local yard owner.  He collects the titles and places them in an envelope in a box marked "Outgoing Mail" but the mail man never collects any mail from this box.  The state police did a random search of his place several years ago and questioned him about the amount of titles in the envelope.  He said he usually mailed them out once a week or so but in this case he had recently bought a rather large number of cars and had not had a chance to put all the titles he wanted to put in the envelope.  They told him to do it tomorrow and wrote him a warning.  He didn't mail them out the next day.

Benji

TheAutoArchaeologist

It's been for sale for a decade, but no buyers.  So they are done.

RallyeMike

Unfortunately the viability of classic auto salvage yards is going nowhere but down the drain. So many have been lost already. These cars will get scrapped.... and who knows what will happen to the parts.

This reminds me of when Fremen in MT scrapped almost every one of 3500+/- classic cars. The owner was complaining that customers were balking at the prices necessary to keep  the business profitable enough, so in pretty quick fashion, he turned $2M in classic cars (his valuation) into $200k of scrap metal and was done with it. There were a ton of 50's and 60's Mopars in that yard.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

70 sublime

Just out of curiousity does anyone know what the asking price was for the operation if they were or are trying to sell it ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

Quote from: Devil on September 12, 2011, 09:56:11 AM
Once they enter the yard, the titles are sent to the state and they can not ever leave the yard.  Sad, but most of the cars had been there a very long time.
Laws do vary from state to state.
In California, you can cut the car in half, buy both halves and weld it back together. Getting a legit title may be tricky, might have to get some "Kit Car" type of title for it.