News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone know of RM23V0A170179 ?

Started by Alaskan_TA, November 13, 2010, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan_TA

Engine on Ebay with that VIN (supposedly anyway) he also says it has an E for the series when it should be an F.

Just passing it on;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAL-440-SIX-PACK-/260689597387?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge

AZMoparMike

I know it's been many years but do you have any contact info on this? I have had the 1970 F-440 170179 that is still in the car that I've had forever but I think it would be cool to also have the 1969 E-440 of the same number.

426HemiChick

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 13, 2010, 10:47:32 PM
Engine on Ebay with that VIN (supposedly anyway) he also says it has an E for the series when it should be an F.

Just passing it on;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAL-440-SIX-PACK-/260689597387?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge

Hi Alaskan_TA,                       28 June 2021

Hope things are warming up there in Alaska.

Tried the link, got an error message: "... Looks like this page is missing"

Take care.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Alaskan_TA

Ummmm that post is from 2010.  :scratchchin:

The matching car does exist, so hopefully the owner of the car ended up with the block.

AZMoparMike

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on June 29, 2021, 03:41:59 PM
Ummmm that post is from 2010.  :scratchchin:

The matching car does exist, so hopefully the owner of the car ended up with the block.

How did you find out that the car with the 1969 E-440 car exists?

Alaskan_TA

AZMoparMike

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on June 29, 2021, 05:47:11 PM
I know stuff about stuff.  ;)

Fair enough :) I just thought it would be cool to have both the E440 and the F440 engines for my bird. I'll just have to be happy having the F440 :)

Thx for the info.

Alaskan_TA

The block had an 0A VIN, the E in the listing had to have been a typo....... Or.....  :scratchchin:

How long have you owned the 'bird and what do you know about the block in it?

(it's ok if you reply that you know stuff about stuff)  :cheers:

AZMoparMike

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on June 29, 2021, 06:33:57 PM
The block had an 0A VIN, the E in the listing had to have been a typo....... Or.....  :scratchchin:

(it's ok if you reply that you know stuff about stuff)  :cheers:

hmmm When i saw it was E440 i assumed it was 9A170179 as I got this car after my daughter was born in 01, most likely between 03 and 04. Definitely before 05 as then i put it away to build a General Lee after the Dukes of Hazard remake came out when there was a company called  Luedtke Auto (i believe) that i got a General Lee project from that turned into a disaster...long story. After i gave up on that project and cut my losses, i moved on to a 70 Challenger RTSE after the housing crash and then  a 440 cuda convertible. A year and a half ago, I started on this bird again but now its getting put away again to work on the FE5 Bird.

AZMoparMike

The block had an 0A VIN, the E in the listing had to have been a typo....... Or.....  :scratchchin:

(it's ok if you reply that you know stuff about stuff)  :cheers:

Now that you're mentioning a typo...  I'm wondering if it was Rm23v0a170197 that I tired to buy at BJ 2019 (I think)  Scottsdale. It was a v code missing it's engine. I bid only to have 170179 and 170197 but it was not in the best shape and part of the wing was broke off for the price it went for.

hemi-hampton

The block had an 0A VIN, the E in the listing had to have been a typo....... Or.....  :scratchchin:

good question :scratchchin:

AZMoparMike

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 29, 2021, 08:22:47 PM

good question :scratchchin:

As stated above, I believe it was 03-04 when i got it wrecked with the engine.  I just found a copy of the Level I inspection the sheriff did in 2006.