News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TSM rear disc conversion and E-brake???

Started by Blakcharger440, June 01, 2006, 02:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

Hey you guys running the TSM rear disc brake kit. What did you do for an emergency brake??  I have called around locally and cant find a shop that will modify the ones I have or make custom ones....any ideas???

moparguy01

i think to get a emergency brake you need the rare and expensive 78-80 eldorado rear calipers. then go from there. other than that i really cant help you all that much. sorry.

will

Those are the ones I got off e-bay. 135 for the pair. Still had to buy pads. A Monza hose is pretty good to get for the transition from tube to caliper. I haven't bled them yet but I hear it can be a nightmare. I'm almost done with the rears, I need 3 more hours in the day to finish...

Blakcharger440

Nope,I have a set of the Eldorado E-brake cables and they are waaaaaaay to long for a 68-70 Charger and use a U-bracket for a tensioner instead of the ball type.
I am trying to figure out a way to use the stock ones.

Oh yeah and I do have the Eldorado calipers with the E-brake on them thats why I originally posted this.

will

I used the e-brake that's there. Just cut some of the spring steel off and force the nub of the cable onto the lever. The base of the brake cable mounts on the caliper perfectly if I remember correctly.  Like I said earlier, haven't finished yet. Buying a house, watching my kids, working 3-11 shift I just don't have any time. That's why I need 3 more hours in the day... :'(