News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Car with a few issues

Started by raptorf229, January 19, 2007, 05:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptorf229

I have a 1972 charger with a few issues. First is my climate I'm missing the cable for temperature control and my a/c compressor is seized (from what a a/c repair shop says). in replacing the compressor should I update with newer equipment like a sanden or just replace the old one. Also their is a control valve under the hood connecting the heate hoses but once agian no cable.what is this for and where can i get these two cables missing?

Another issue is my hideaway headlight assembly. The motors that open and close the light doors are missing and it doesn't look pretty where I think there was a rod connecting the two doors together. Does anyone make replacement parts for them?

My last issue is The car smells like gas. i'm wondering if it may be the tank or something else. Any suggestions on other things that may be leaking.

Silver R/T

welcome to the site, nice Charger! As far as gas smell, make sure your gaskets on fuel tank and fill cap are good, carb is not overflowing, no leaks in fuel line anywhere.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Plumcrazy

Chrysler used the same basic headlight door motor from 1970 until about 1980.   Not impossible to find in a junkyard.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

BigBlackDodge

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

Thats not a compact!!!!!!!

;D

BBD

raptorf229

Don't tell the Charger that. She's touchy about her weight.

d72hemi

I just pulled a AC compersor from the junk yard, same for my headlight motor. The gas smell you need to fix NOW! before it burns to the ground. The forth issue is that stripe around the wrong end of your car. LOL, j/k.  :icon_smile_big: It does look like a nice strait car, whats under the hood? My 72 cam with a 318, but I am building a 440 at this time.

raptorf229

OK I'll fix the smell. The stripe is on the back too. Thats the way it came two stripes one in front and one in the back. I'll check a junk yard for the other stuff.