News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

water temp sensor location

Started by Hemidog, March 16, 2007, 06:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

i'm about to install an electric  autometer water temperature sensor, and was wondering where to install the sensor.
Found these two holes on my waterpump, is it one of these? or somewhere else?
its a 400 engine btw.

Ghoste

I think you can use either one.  There may also be one on the front face of the pump just below where you have circled those spots.

Hemidog

Found it! thanks again Ghoste!
now every gauge works, except the fuel gauge that goes right off the scale as fast as i turn on the ignition, and the tank is 1/4 full.
another thing; is the oil pressure suppose to drop as the engine gets hotter?
mine went from about 40 psi (125 F) to almost 20 psi when it reached 185 F

Hemidog

progress pic

mikepmcs

the oil pressure drops at idle(while at a stop sign or whatever)  Or it drops while you are running it??

if it drops while in motion and foot on the gas I would say there is an issue. 

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Hemidog

at idle. it rises when i step on the gas

mikepmcs

I would say you are ok then.  But I'm sure there will be other smarter people that have some more valid input than mine.  In my experience though, that is a normal occurrence.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Hemidog

good, then i will just focus on the fuel gauge problem.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Rule of thumb is 10psi for every 1k rpm mininum

Dash looks great :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidog

Thanks Chris, found the prob with the fuel gauge, bad ground  :icon_smile_big:

Hemidog

well, off course things wasnt as perfect as i thought.
seems like the gauges steals juice from the coil when i try to start the car, the car wont start unless i draw a line between the battery and coil.

is there suppose to sit a relay somewhere that cuts of the electricity from all unecessary things the the starter turns on?

Hemidog

rt green

i think you should get power to your coil via the steater relay in the start position. anyone?
third string oil changer

Hemidog

think i've found it, seems like i stole power to the gauges from the wrong wire, and not the ACC, havent tried to fire it yet though, changing som engine parts...