News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UPDATE on the 440 I bought from a friend HA HA, 7/6/06 ''HELP''

Started by 8WHEELER, May 31, 2006, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: 8WHEELER on July 10, 2006, 08:01:49 PM
Ron did you see those notches on the block? have you seen them before? I never have, Its a 74 truck block.
But it could have come in a motor home as well if I am correct.

Dan

Dan, i don't recall haveing seen those notches before on a pre-70 casting. I have a 75 block that i can check for you if you'd like. The block is bare right now but needs a good wash. Lemme know....

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

8WHEELER

OK thanks, Just checking, because I have never seen them before, and it would sure look wrong in my all stock 68 engine
bay, and stock engine appearance for the year of the car as I have now, and want to keep it that way.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

firefighter3931

Dan, i just checked my 75 cast crank block and it has those same indentations. Perhaps it's a late model block casting identifier ??

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs