News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

727 rebuilt-how often do you have to add fluid?

Started by andy74, August 27, 2005, 08:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

i had my tranny rebuilt about 3 months ago,and have had to add tranny fluid 3 times already?there is no leaks,it just seems to be using it,is this normal or should i take it back?i have a big tranny cooler and the convertor is new from mopar :shruggy:

Plumcrazy

I would say you have a leak somewhere. You could try adding some UV dye to it to make any external leaks easier to see.
The only other way to lose fluid would be if it was going into the coolant so I would also pull the radiator cap off for a look

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chryco Psycho

I agree , the cooler in the rad could be leaking into the coolant

andy74

i bypassed the cooler in the radiator,still cant find a leak anywhere?my only thought is maybe its leaking onto the exhaust,and burning off?i cant smell anything while im driving it though?gonna get it up in the air today at the shop and see what gives

cudaken

Take it back to the shop, there is a leak. My 727 in the 68 Runner was rebuilt 12 year's ago. Only lost 1 quart in the last year. Drove it today, first time in a year.

Might lay some paper under the car, start it up and power break it for 30 minutes. There will be something, not much but something. A drop every 1 mile will loss a quart every 400 miles.

Cuda Ken
I am back

beenaround

andy check the driveshaft yoke and see if it is spraying fluid on your floor.mopars don't use a vacumn modulater so the motor won't burn up the fluid.

andy74

i finally got her up in the air,the jack ass who rebuilt my tranny didnt tighten the pan bolts all the way,the gasket was seeping at the rear and lubricating the headers-thats why i didnt see any fluid on the ground.i checked all the bolts and they were alla quarter turn loose! my boss just fired the guy,and i think he knew it was coming,so he did a shit job-had the best guy i know check it out,and he says everything else is fine

cudaken

Rather it be a engine or tran's should check the Torque after 500 miles of run time.

Cuda Ken
I am back