News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new TRUCK.

Started by Dave68RT, August 17, 2005, 10:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blusmbl

What does yours run?  I'm waiting for some nice fall weather before running mine, but I'm expecting to lay down some nice high 15's.  :icon_smile_cool:
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

89MOPAR

Might want to look at this article for comparison  http://motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup/112_0310_trux/index.html 
  for bench racing purposes.

Never said mine was the end all , be all,- just that its faster and stronger than his.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Blusmbl

I've seen that before.  This should be interesting... :angel:
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

SlowT

High 15's jesus are you pushing it or driving it.
I hear Ford&Dodge are sharing their recent technological break through,Heated tail gates so your hands don't freeze trting to get them onto the shoulder. :drive:
87 WE-4 Mostly stock,no really lets run em I'll show ya.
Closet Mopar fan.
Dodge the father/Ram the Daughter

TheGhost

Quote from: SlowT on August 21, 2005, 09:11:24 PM
High 15's jesus are you pushing it or driving it.
I hear Ford&Dodge are sharing their recent technological break through,Heated tail gates so your hands don't freeze trting to get them onto the shoulder. :drive:

Of course, GM don't need them, because GM's can't even get out of the driveway. :D :moon: :stirthepot:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Dave68RT

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 21, 2005, 05:19:05 PM
Hmmmn.
Your truck has less than 6000 miles on it.   Mine has over 42,000.  That is 7 times as much wear+ tear.
How about you come to Seattle and put a few more miles on that truck.

I will wager this - Out of 3 qtr mile runs, my dodge will run the lower Elapsed Time.
and this - We put a tow strap between truck rear bumpers/hitches. Whomever can pull the other truck 50 ft in 2 out of 3 times wins that event.
We run on factory issued tires and the factory 20 inch rims they came with. Factory engine vs Factory engine.

Both events must be won to claim the money.

I will wager $2000 that my Dodge will beat your Chevy/GMC.

actually thats fucking stupid. you said "DRAG STRIP KING" now you're changing the game? lol if you're gonna talk shit stick with your original plan mr badass.  you're also the one who called me out, claimed to be faster then me when i NEVER claimed to be quick at all, so you can bring your happy little hemi loving truck down to texas,then we'lll talk, bitch.

oh and by the way, i rolled over 6000 this weekend.

Quote from: Steve P. on August 21, 2005, 12:15:34 AM
That isn't rare... Rare is an American vehicle that is made of ALL AMERICAN PARTS!!!! :icon_smile_big:

so i guess because a charger has a sunroof makes it rare? or maybe power windows? how about a rear defrost?

well mines got a 6.0 litre in it..maybe that makes it rare? yeah it does.

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on August 20, 2005, 11:30:03 PM
So, are you a "rapper"?

no im not a rapper :-*

'68 Charger R/T

Dave68RT

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 21, 2005, 07:55:24 PM
No spray.  We'll see if challenge is accepted.  I know what my truck runs in qtr.  Does he ?

yes i do.

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 18, 2005, 04:08:02 AM
My '03 RAm 1500 Hemi  4x4 with 20" rims has run a 15.3 quarter mile. Totally stock.
Better watch out charginglizard....

oopsie.

'68 Charger R/T

Wilde Racing

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 18, 2005, 04:05:26 AM
NO, you cannot say drag race king for trucks.
My '03 Ram 1500 4x4 with the Hemi and 20" rims will embarass that truck at the dragstrip.

You do know that the new Hemi engines in these truck are not the power houses of the past right? They are not the fastest trucks made, if they were, Dodge wouldn't wast their time in building the SRT10 right?
Twin Turbo, Fuel Injected, Coil-on-Plug, 69 Charger.
Little to no cutting to make it all fit.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73346.0.html

Wilde Racing

Quote from: Shakey on August 18, 2005, 06:28:46 AM
How rare?

What makes it rare?

I've been doing some searching about this truck to find performance numbers, no luck on the numbers yet, but I did find this.

only 3,000 of this truck where made, and called  "Texas Trucks"
Twin Turbo, Fuel Injected, Coil-on-Plug, 69 Charger.
Little to no cutting to make it all fit.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,73346.0.html

SeattleCharger

I wonder what my '95 Camry XLE V6 with a 24V 3.0 liter will do in the quarter.   Could I beat those trucks?   I have an AT trans though, with 4 spds.   in the automatic trans.   I won't do the tow strap challenge against a 4x4 truck, though.     My car is sort of rare, the XLE is.

:popcrn:

:drive:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Dave68RT

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on August 22, 2005, 02:00:21 PM
    I wonder what my '95 Camry XLE V6 with a 24V 3.0 liter will do in the quarter.  Could I beat those trucks?  I have an AT trans though, with 4 spds.  in the automatic trans.  I won't do the tow strap challenge against a 4x4 truck, though.   My car is sort of rare, the XLE is.

:popcrn:

:drive:

::) drop the bullshit.

since when is claiming something other then a charger rare, a crime?

'68 Charger R/T

89MOPAR

""actually thats fucking stupid. you said "DRAG STRIP KING" now you're changing the game? lol if you're gonna talk shit stick with your original plan mr badass.   you're also the one who called me out, claimed to be faster then me when i NEVER claimed to be quick at all, so you can bring your happy little hemi loving truck down to texas,then we'lll talk, bitch.""

""oh and by the way, i rolled over 6000 this weekend.""

Ummm... Actually I never called it the drag strip king, someone else did.

So, I take it you do not accept the challenge ?

Drag strip can also include dragging your truck around the parking lot...

What's   with all the calling me bitch + slut , etc ?      Anything I directed was towards your chevy/gmc, not you personally.
A piece of advice, "don't let your mouth write checks your body can't cash "   .   It's pretty easy talking tough while typing on a keyboard.

So you know what my truck runs, OK.   What does your truck run, I mean the one you just bought, not some quote from a magazine ??

I'll tell you what, lets meet 1/2 way on the map between Houston + Seattle, same challenge as previous. Maybe you can accept that.
If you're really a believer in your trucks capabilities it won't be a problem.
Otherwise, consider salvaging some dignity, by bowing out gracefully....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

psykicpup

:popcrn: (glad the popcorn icon is the begining! lol)
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Dave68RT

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 22, 2005, 03:05:12 PM

""actually thats fucking stupid. you said "DRAG STRIP KING" now you're changing the game? lol if you're gonna talk shit stick with your original plan mr badass.  you're also the one who called me out, claimed to be faster then me when i NEVER claimed to be quick at all, so you can bring your happy little hemi loving truck down to texas,then we'lll talk, bitch.""

""oh and by the way, i rolled over 6000 this weekend.""

Ummm... Actually I never called it the drag strip king, someone else did.

So, I take it you do not accept the challenge ?

Drag strip can also include dragging your truck around the parking lot...

What's  with all the calling me bitch + slut , etc ?    Anything I directed was towards your chevy/gmc, not you personally.
A piece of advice, "don't let your mouth write checks your body can't cash "  .  It's pretty easy talking tough while typing on a keyboard.

So you know what my truck runs, OK.  What does your truck run, I mean the one you just bought, not some quote from a magazine ??

I'll tell you what, lets meet 1/2 way on the map between Houston + Seattle, same challenge as previous. Maybe you can accept that.
If you're really a believer in your trucks capabilities it won't be a problem.
Otherwise, consider salvaging some dignity, by bowing out gracefully....

you started it, bring your shit to houston. no i havent taken my truck to the track, i just got it this weekend. i dont understand why you think you're billy badass with your hemi. i'll talk shit to your face, thats no problem..especially when i dont start anything and someone starts something with me.

'68 Charger R/T

Troy

Uh, trucks at the dragstrip is kinda like going to aerobics with your lady friend only to find out it's Weight Watchers night and there was a sale on Spandex the week before. Who really cares how fast a truck is? I really doubt it was purchased to drag race so the whole argument is useless.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

looks nice, although i couldnt bring myself to have brand new truck ever, since i wouldnt want to scratch it up lol, although im into lowriders, got my s10 project, I like mini trucks
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722