News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know what the paint color code is for the new Super Bee??

Started by DPL, September 20, 2006, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPL

If you haven't seen the new Super Bee, just google New Super Bee and you'll see what I am looking for.  I'm restoring my 68 Super Bee and I like the original yellow but am very tempted to put the new yellow Dodge is using on the 2007 Super Bee.

I've called Chrysler and they have no info on this.  My local dealer says it is probably Detonator Yellow, code PYB

I'm not so sure.

Any advice???
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

bill440rt

Wait until the car comes out. Then go to the dealer & get the paint code off the car. ANY body shop supply store can mix the color up for you.
Or, go to an auto body supply store & look in their paint chip book at 2006 Dodge Detonator Yellow, code PYB. If it's the same, you found your answer.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

DPL

Thank you Bill,

Do you think there is any way to get that info before the car comes out??  I'm scheduled to be painting in 3 weeks.

I might just go with the original yellow of the car I suppose.

DPL
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

bill440rt

I'm not sure on that one. Go to your local auto body supply store. They may already have '07 model paint info on file. Or, you could always bring a picture of the '07 Bee & match it up with the '06 color chip. Worth a shot.

On a sidenote of one's personal opinion, if you're doing a stock resto on a numbers matching car, I'd leave it the original color. That pale yellow is very nice.  :Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

DPL

I'll check with the place i am buying the paint.

My 68 Super Bee is in super shape, fender tag included but the original 383 is long gone.  I am going to either find a date correct 383 or buy a crate hemi.  Either way, it won't be original. 

And yeah, I love the pale yellow and that was my choice until I saw the 07 Super Bee on the web.  Got me thinking...

Thanks for your help
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

bill440rt

myk

No, no, get the code for that '07 color, as it's hot.  Your not going for originality anyway...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"