News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

im frustrated

Started by Runner, October 10, 2006, 08:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runner

im swaping out the 318 in my daughters car for a 440 that she insisted on having over a low deck. its amazing to me how much tighter headers are on a car with power steering and a 440 over a 400-383 and powersteering.   i think part of my frustration is because im stupid. it never dawned on me that the throttle brackets and kickdown linkage would be different than the assortment of low deck parts i have.  this also tells me that i would have been much better to start with a complete parts car over a biuldable engine.   after 4 hours of trying to make something work i decided to order yet another ar enginnering bracket and lokar kick down cable.  im now going way over budget and its not even my junk! ( but is my money).   i really wanted to have this thing running by the weekend  but damn if everything isnt fighting me.    finally got the pulleys figured out now i just need to find some alternator spacers or make some.  you would think id be able to find some in town but noooooo.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

firefighter3931

SB > BB conversions are allways a PITA !  :P If it's any consolation ; Just think how nice it will look with all that fancy hardware under the hood !  :devil:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

:iagree: BIG TIME...  On some cars it is easier to pull the steering column to install headers. This may be the case for you.. Hopefully not, but it's not a very hard job and with it out of the way the headers are a breeze..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Runner

i know the brackets will look nicer than some cobled up mess, and i have the set up on 2 of my other cars,   i just didnt want to spend the money right now.  the headers were acually easy to install,  the engine went in with the tranny and starter allready in place and i layed the drivers header in place when i droped it in.   i just had to jack the car up a couple times and dimple the header, file down a casting mark on the sterring bot ect.   just not what im used to with my low deck stuff.   to top this all off the drive line shop called to day to tell me that the slip yoke i gave them has loose cap ends.  it was fairly rusty but it cleaned up nice so i decided id use i..... guess not.  i guess thats another 67 bucks down the drain.

i usually enjoy this type stuff because i can shut the lights off in my shop and walk away when i get a little tired. but my daughter turns 18 next wednesday and i promised her a month or so ago that id have it done by her birthday.

thanks for the suport though guys

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six