News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"The World's Largest Truck Stop"

Started by Lowprofile, November 14, 2006, 03:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

About a month ago, I was passing thru Walcott, IA and thought you guys might enjoy seeing The world famous Iowa 80 Truck Stop. This is one of those places where Truckers can get their "bling" on. Wouldn't it be nice to have a store like this full of Charger parts!  ;)

Enjoy the pics........ :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Lowprofile

They have a unbeliveable amount of chrome, lights, trinkets, etc....under one roof.  :drool5: :D

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Lowprofile

They have a few trucks on display on the showroom floor. The yellow Peterbuilt is on a turntable in the front window!  :2thumbs:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Lowprofile

This Freightliner & Matching trailer have a hand painted mural on the right hand side.  :2thumbs:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

TruckDriver

:o The place has really changed since the last time I was there!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

I drove by there on November 1st & 2nd.  I was gonna stop but didn't.  Maybe next time I will.  Coll pics!

Todd Wilson

41husk

i was there a bit ago and was really impressed.  Kinda over kill don't ya think!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TheAutoArchaeologist

I stop by there all the time going back and fourth to see my sister in Iowa City.  Interesting place to say the least.

Ryan

Charger_Fan

Pretty cool place, I like some of those steering wheels. Too bad they're so huge! ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

I thought the world's largest truck stop was Iowa.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on November 14, 2006, 01:19:46 PM
I thought the world's largest truck stop was Iowa.

No, you're thinking of Bakersfield, CA!   :nana:

Shakey

I wonder if they have nice lot lizzards.   :shruggy: