News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tubbed 69 charger

Started by rattlehead_74, December 25, 2009, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rattlehead_74

hi ,im looking for tubbed charger owners ,to get an idea on what size tire/rim/backspacing,etc...i need to put meats under mine..it currently has centerline 14s front and rear ,id like to find 15 in centerlines for the rear ,,but i dont know where to start? all i know right now is that the car is fully tubbed..wheel well lips cut out..inner wheel well flat against the rear subframe.the leaf springs have been moved inside the frame rails..and as far as i can tell the rear end is a non narrowed Dana 60,,so there is probably some major backspacing ....from inner fender lip to back of tub is 18 inches,,,i have been looking around and i think the only one ive seen tubbed on here is supercharged roits car ,,,btw nice ride man :2thumbs:,,,any input out there? hopefully ive given enough info! ,,oh ...69 charger r/t  thanks and merry christmas!

b5blue

I'm no help on this but want to see photos!  ;D

Supercharged Riot

im not at home right now. but ill take as many pics of my car's wheel well to help you out man.  I'll get back to you later this week.

AllI can tell you right now is that my car came that way already tubbed.

The rear wheels are 16 inch rims.

tires are Mickey Thompson's 31 x 16.5

My rear has not been shortened

rattlehead_74

ok thanks guys..b5blue,,ive tried to download pics,but it keeps telling me to rename file,that ive already tried posting this filename????ive renamed files,,downsized to 164 kbs,,,etc...,,imgoing to sit down later and figure this thing out,as i have some closeups of the rear end of this car,,,

supercharged riot,,that would be great if you could do that,,your car seems to be a pretty simalar set up to mine,,,i really wish this ride hadnt been tubbed,,but since it is im gonna stuff the wheel wells,,and enjoy the traction__________ until she gets tore down to be redone!    thanks

rattlehead_74

hey it worked!

b5blue

:2thumbs: Fun is what it is all about! Mine looks like crap but I drive it every day and sill get folks coming up and telling me "it's beautiful!" (with duct tape over the rust holes to keep water out of the trunk!)  :lol:

rattlehead_74

ok here goes!

rattlehead_74

heres some more suspension pics

rattlehead_74

and finally a pic of the car around 9 yaers ago!

rattlehead_74

b5blue

COOL!!! That thing has had some major surgery on it, I laughed when I saw the tiny Firestone in that huge wheel well!  :lol:  What's next?  :scratchchin:

suntech

12 inch wide rims, with app. 7 inch backspace should be close.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!