News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 hemi engine kit??

Started by 70charger_boy, November 30, 2006, 10:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

did anyone hear of the hemi kit you can buy to convert your stock 318 to a hemi?  I'm trying to find the company that sells it

Moparornocar13

thatd be Rod & Custom Machine out of Dickson, Tennessee.  They came out with the small-block hemi heads back in '03.  theres an article on them and their new hemi blocks in the latest mopar collector's guide.  pick up a copy and check it out  :icon_smile_wink:
My Girlfriend? Probably. My Dog? Maybe. My Dodge?? NEVER!!!

70charger_boy

thanks for the quick reply ill pick up a copy

Daytona R/T SE

A friend of mine called them - he wanted to do this to the 318 in his Challenger. The price was close to EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS   :o 

He's putting together a nice little 360 :yesnod:

41husk

jeez for a few grand more just get a crate hemi!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70charger_boy

I went on their website and saw that it would be $8,000, but now I need some expert advice from you top notch charger nuts.  Wouldn't be real cool to be one of a select few to have a small block hemi, or should I be a macho man and go all out for the 426 hemi???

TylerCharger69

IMHO.......get the 426...do it right!!!

ChargerSG

I wonder what those Hemi heads will do to the 318 block :icon_smile_big: Making a Hemi out of a 440 or 383 i can understand :yesnod:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

uskatebetter

speaking of 318's did anybody else see the article in Engine Masters about how they got 415 hp out of doing a few things to a stock 318?

it was intense.

Steve P.

Was that a few years back? It seems to me that I read something about someone having a wall stocked from floor to damn near ceiling and about 40 feet wide, with 318 cores...

Post the linky if you have it..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

uskatebetter

I dunno if they have the article online, i just bought the magazine, its the winter 2006 issue

try and find it if you can, its this whole issue about small blocks and how to get some crazy power out of em.

max

here is the link to the small block hemi conversion. neat idea but a bit on the pricey side.

http://www.rodandcustommachines.com/smallblockhemiheads.html

although their sister company is building new hemi blocks and crate engines that are better quality then MP and for about the same price.

hopefully this flyer will be readable.

jerry

i have a small block hemi. its a 270 out of a dodge.. paid $500.00 for the whole car. and you can buy an aftermarket 6-pack for it.run a t f or hemi 4-speed,elect fuel injection.the list goes on and its a real hemi.

RogerDodger

Great idea, but a lot of money. :ahum: