News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Window Trim

Started by shawnmd, February 02, 2007, 07:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

I just had my rear window and trim removed because my 69 is getting painted.  The trim had me a little confused-----there were no clips holding it on.  It looks like someone just just stuck it on with caulking..I'm guessing this isn't correct???? If so, how many clips are there and where are they located on a 69 Charger R/T?  Also, the window itself was incorrectly installed.  How is it installed? with a gasket?

One more question, the metal dash inwhich the dash pad is attached and which contains the vents, can this peice be removed by itself>  There is a little bit of rust at the front of it on the drivers side and i don't know whether to patch or try to replace the whole window.  I noticed that there are screws all along the front, close to the window.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

daytonalo

Only front uses gaskit , rear is urethane . As far as clips , the channel is most likely rusted and the clips fell off

RogerDodger

Quote from: daytonalo on February 02, 2007, 08:28:51 PM
Only front uses gaskit , rear is urethane . As far as clips , the channel is most likely rusted and the clips fell off

The clips should slip over a stud. If there missing you can attach them with small sheet metal screws or maybe rivits. Unless the metal is to rusted away. Here is a pic of both a stud and a stud with a clip on it. Sorry about the quality.

Charger-Bodie

the rear window is accually sealed with 3/8 butyl tape as for the clips they do not slide on studs like later years 68 69 70 have the clips hed in place with screws that are very similer to whell opening molding screws it was done this way from the factory im not sure what year they changed to the studs ..........as far as using urethane for the rear glass it can be done that way just remember to have a very nice even bead or it will squish uneven and look rear bad from outside looking in
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RogerDodger

A friend of mine who does auto glass sets it on the butyl tape and then seals around it with the urethane after.

shawnmd

Can someone tell me where and how to install the rear window clips so that the trim installs correctly.  I have cleaned out the rear window channel and there are no holes anywhere for these clips.  Its all new metal and whoever installed it did not drill out the holes for the clips.