News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do any Parades ?

Started by tommymac, May 30, 2007, 11:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommymac

I was asked to drive in the local town Memorial Day Parade It was lots of FUN a 68 RT was behind me

Ghoste

Looks like you were enjoying it.  I like the ghosted flames on the side of your car.

tommymac

Hey Thanks ,from the sounds of it a lot of people liked them,I couldnt belive it.

Charger1973

I definately plan to when my 73 is finished, its alot of fun.  Heres a shot from the 4th of July parade in 2001.  I was working as a detailer at the local Dodge dealer back then and sweet talked the owner into letting me drive this 68 Coronet in the parade that year.   ;D

bull

I did one but it was in my old '70 back in about 1984 or so...

Red Ram

For some reason that Coronet looks a mile long!
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

tommymac

some pretty cool mountains, Whats with the number?

bull

Quote from: tommymac on May 31, 2007, 12:48:01 AM
some pretty cool mountains, Whats with the number?

Entry number for the parade. I think they did some judging so they needed to ID the entrants.

The mountains are the Wallowas in NE Oregon. I grew up in Joseph, Oregon (wish I was still there). http://www.josephoregon.com/

chargerboy69

I do a parade once or twice a year. My wife loves it. She goes out and buys a crap load of candy to throw out to the kids.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

73dodge

I would love to do the local parade here when I get my car finished but the main problem is that they have truck loads of kids that are part of the city little league teams. The kids throw candy to the spectators from the trucks, which when a nice car comes by after the kids in the trucks toss all the candy the punks in the crowd take the candy they got and throw it at the nice cars as hard as they can. They do it to try and dent the nice cars, I have seen it first hand because I am in the crowd and watch it happen.

I know you can't do much damage to a 3500 pound car with a tootsie roll but that is irritating to watch and see these kids act like turds and the worst that can happen is chipped paint. But none the less why bother driving a nice car in a parade when it becomes a target for idiots.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

tommymac

Well ,that sucks, I guess we dont have little punks like that in our town,thank god,

bull

Quote from: 73dodge on May 31, 2007, 03:49:46 PM
I would love to do the local parade here when I get my car finished but the main problem is that they have truck loads of kids that are part of the city little league teams. The kids throw candy to the spectators from the trucks, which when a nice car comes by after the kids in the trucks toss all the candy the punks in the crowd take the candy they got and throw it at the nice cars as hard as they can. They do it to try and dent the nice cars, I have seen it first hand because I am in the crowd and watch it happen.

I know you can't do much damage to a 3500 pound car with a tootsie roll but that is irritating to watch and see these kids act like turds and the worst that can happen is chipped paint. But none the less why bother driving a nice car in a parade when it becomes a target for idiots.

If I had seen that happening I'd have put a few dents in those kids' heads.

Charger1973

Quote from: bull on May 31, 2007, 04:46:04 PM
Quote from: 73dodge on May 31, 2007, 03:49:46 PM

If I had seen that happening I'd have put a few dents in those kids' heads.

:iagree:

Id be the one to stop my car in the middle of the parade and get out and have a "talk" with them. 

WheresMyCharger

I was in my first this past weekend. Mostly old Mopars from the Club

Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

Dodge Don

I wonder if that is just an American thing? Because to me it just seems odd. I'm not knocking it....it's just not what I'm used to calling a parade. Looks more like a cruise. :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Or a small town thing Don?  It looks a lot like the parades we have here at home in the land of no municpal budget.  (all those marching bands expect to be paid ya know ;))

bull

Quote from: Dodge Don on June 01, 2007, 03:06:02 AM
I wonder if that is just an American thing? Because to me it just seems odd. I'm not knocking it....it's just not what I'm used to calling a parade. Looks more like a cruise. :scratchchin:

A parade is where people watch you from lawn chairs. A cruise is where people watch you from inside Toyota Camrys. :icon_smile_cool:

tommymac

It was a parade,in front of my car were 10 other cars,Vintage, Antique,and Muscle cars. Bands from High School ,VFW and Others, Behind us were all the Scouts ,Baseball, Softball players. Then the Shriners on Little minibikes and Go -Carts.Then Lots of Fire Trucks,A couple of floats and so-on so there you have it a Small town Parade. Dam I missed the Shriners!

WheresMyCharger

Yeah, the baseball players were in front and the firetrucks followed the cars
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

Dodge Don

Quote from: Ghoste on June 01, 2007, 07:01:46 AM
Or a small town thing Don?  It looks a lot like the parades we have here at home in the land of no municpal budget.  (all those marching bands expect to be paid ya know ;))

Probably right.