News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not my car ad

Started by 67_Dodge_Charger, January 16, 2007, 09:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Dodge_Charger

I don't like finding "not my car" ads in the cars for sale section when I can find that same ad in the 'other website' domain.  Can't these ads be posted with the eBay ads? 

Hmm..............

Troy

Well, kinda like the eBay ads, it always helps to have multiple people searching for you when you don't have a car. And, just like the eBay ads, some people can go overboard and post every car on the planet. It's a bit different when someone posts a newspaper or auto trader ad that isn't likely to have national coverage because there are some good deals still floating around out there. Unlike eBay ads however, there isn't a single, searchable, global listing of cars for sale so it can be a lot more work to dig through all the junk.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger1973

I have to agree with Troy on this one.  I like to see some of the local ads once in a while, it helps bring out the occasional good deal. 

67_Dodge_Charger

I don't mind the local ads.  I am not a fan of post whores that look around the web and post their finds in the for sale section.  Yeh Troy it is a service to those that are looking for a car but what constitutes good information. 

Robert

Troy

I know, I know. There's a rule about the classifieds NOT being discussion forums as well but it's enforced on a case by case basis because sometimes the additonal discussion provides more information to everyone else. It's tough to draw the line sometimes but usually the worst offenders are sent a PM (for too many ads, irrelevant ads, comments, etc.). I don't want to lock things down so much that nobody posts.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

Good call, Troy.
There's a 'Stang site that I surf through, whose mods are absolute Nazi's about for sale stuff! From what I witness, it really pisses off a lot of the newbies that show up there looking for their dream car.

I don't think the ads here are out of hand too often & when it is, it's usually dealt with in a non-Nazi way. ;D
Although, with that being said, you can please some of the people most of the time...most of the people some of the time...but you can't please all the people all of the time! ;D

(thanks, I'll be here all week :icon_smile_tongue: )

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)