News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I heard from Janek today

Started by pandamarie, April 28, 2007, 10:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

Ted returned my call about seeing how long before I could expect my parts from him and he said  about 3 months. I hope so, I have back surgery in Oct to fuse 4 more vertabry together. that will make 7 total. so hopefully I can get some of this car together before Im laid up for awhile. A Daytona project in the gargage will make me heal quicker.
My body guy stopped by yesterday and is buying a house so I wont have the vega plug and trunk lid done untill late June. I have lots to do until then so one thing at a time.

nascarxx29

I recently heard from my old friend Ted .His only daughter just had a baby.I had put his daughter up on my superbird wing for a picture back in the day.

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

Another chapter of the TEXAS HILLBILLIES !

nascarxx29

What can we say were wingnuts.When Ted graduated high school his college funds went to buy his first daytona.That daytona provided the base for the datytona line of molds.And my totalled rear ended out superbird provided the superbird line
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on April 29, 2007, 08:33:04 AM
Another chapter of the TEXAS HILLBILLIES !

The average income in that Texas hillbilly's neighborhood makes around 250k a year. I know because I lived there a few years back. You can no longer tell where Spring,TX ends and Houston begins.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

been to houston several times , dirty crime ridden city , I know houses are dirt cheap compared to NJ , And I dont make nearly that much .

BigBlockSam

Quoteabout 3 months 

good luck. keep us informed about that. maybe he got better with the turn around time. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Can't comment on the whole time table thing, but the comment of hillbillies isn't really called for either.

wetfeetmi

Quotebut the comment of hillbillies isn't really called for either.

I agree...remember what thumper's dad said..."If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

hemi68charger

Quote from: daytonalo on April 29, 2007, 11:04:10 AM
been to houston several times , dirty crime ridden city , I know houses are dirt cheap compared to NJ , And I dont make nearly that much .

Better you there than here.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Shakey

hotrod98

Ted doesn't live in Houston, he lives in Spring. Spring,Texas is a wooded area with tall pine trees, etc. It's actually a pretty nice place to live. You have the convenience of the big city nearby and the feel of living in the country. The cost of living is relatively inexpensive compared to the northeast or California and the wages aren't too bad. It does get a little cold there in the wintertime. They have 4 or 5 weeks of sub 40 degree weather. I remember mowing my yard while wearing a coat. The best part for me was dragracing year round and it was a ten minute drive to the track.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

When you said 250k a year , I thought you were talking about west Palm Beach Fl . I don't make 250 in 4 years !!!!!!!!

Howie

Guess you will just have to move to Texas!

daytonalo

Na , West palm it is , teeth are optional in some parts of Texas ! Plus I walk upright !!!!

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on May 02, 2007, 08:08:45 AM
Na , West palm it is , teeth are optional in some parts of Texas ! Plus I walk upright !!!!

It wasn't that way until all of those yankees moved down back in the 80's. ;D

Charles Addams

daytonalo

What about Katrina ???? I will post you have some room at your estate , this way they leave Houston !!!!!

hotrod98

The people from New Orleans think that anyone that lives north of Shreveport are yankees. I live a couple of hundred miles north of Shreveport so I guess I'm a yankee. Time to put mudflaps on all of my musclecars.  :icon_smile_big:

BTW, what is up with that? The last time I attended the nats, all of the cars from up north had those cheesy little stainless mudflaps on them. That's the kind of thing that people expect from us down here in the south.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i live in north jersey and i have no mud flaps on my car  but i do have them on my dually and  i'm a yankee :shruggy:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 03, 2007, 04:14:14 PM
i live in north jersey and i have no mud flaps on my car  but i do have them on my dually and  i'm a yankee :shruggy:

what part of NJ?  I am from Monmouth County (freehold/matawan area).
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

BigBlockSam

i'm in Hudson county, one mile across the river from manhatten . i'm looking to move to ocean county in the future , HOWDY, what exit!  :rofl:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: BigBlockSam on May 03, 2007, 04:33:17 PM

i'm in Hudson county, one mile across the river from manhatten . i'm looking to move to ocean county in the future , HOWDY, what exit!  :rofl:

Well, before we moved out here to Ca.  I was exit 117a...but man it's so good to hear someone ask me that...feels like home :rofl:
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

daytonalo

HILLBILLIE FLAPS , IT'S A SOUTHERN THING !!!!!!!!!