News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Difficult Question regarding window trim for 1970

Started by SanDiego70RTSE, July 17, 2007, 11:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanDiego70RTSE

Hi Guys,

I have a 70 and my body guys is putting the trim back on around the windows. If you are looking at the car from the drivers side, there is a piece of trim that goes in the lower right hand corner - it has a sharp curvature to it. If you are looking at the car from the passenger side, this peice of trim is in the lower left hand corner.

My question is - the trim is in excellent shape and hasn't been damaged, but it doesn't seem to quite fit in the corner. The car used to have a vinyl top, but we removed it and painted it instead. The trim sort of sticks out at the corner and my mechanic is wondering if there is a peice we're missing. Why doesn't it fit right. I can follow up with a picture to accompany this email tonight.

If any of you know what I'm talking about and have an idea why the piece of trim that fits in the corner (the peice of trim with the almost 180 degree bend in it) could you please explain how it's supposed to fit in the corner and fit with the car.

Thanks,
Mat

Charger_Fan

There was a thread on that piece on the '70 site, but damn if I can find it. :-\ The piece does fit oddly, with gaps...but I can't remember exactly how it's supposed to go.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tomdroptop

SanDiego70RTSE

Tom,

Did you mean to attach a photo? Is so, I didn't see one attached.

Thanks,
Mat

Matinsocal@hotmail.com

tomdroptop

hmmm wonder why
anyone else able 2 see it? I can see it?
sorry if yer not able to?

Blakcharger440

Yep, I see it! I am in the process of putting my rear window in and installing the lower "L" corner pieces also on my 70 Charger RT. Make
sure you have the correct piece on the correct side or else it will never seem to fit. I may have to do a little massaging on my driver side piece as I think it is a little tweaked.  :yesnod:

SanDiego70RTSE

Here are pictures of what I'm talking about. Do you guys have pictures of this location (shown in pictures) of a Dodge Charger that originally did not have a vinyl top? My car had a vinyl top from the factory. I suspect that the drip rail part of the car was cut out at the plant whent the vinyl top was installed. Does anyone know if this is correct?

If anyone has pictures of a 1970 dodge charger with no vinyl top - at the locadtion shown in pictures, could you please reply and attach?

Thanks,
Mat

SanDiego70RTSE

Can anyone please tell me why my molding does not seem to fit properly? (please see previous posts)

Thanks,
Mat

Troy

Here's what the drip rail looks like on my 68. It just ends:

I don't have a closer picture of this car on my computer right now but it's a factory hardtop and the drip rail ends in the same spot:

Here's a 69:

I'll have to dig up some pictures of a finished car to see if I have a detail shot but I believe you'll see a gap.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

SanDiego70RTSE

Troy,

Could you please email me the pictures. I'm unable to view them on my computer at work.

Thanks,
Mat

Matinsocal@hotmail.com

gordo1968charger

hi mat,
there is a gap,i thought it odd,but it is correct.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

SanDiego70RTSE

Does anyone have good pictures that serve as an example? If so please post on this site and email to Matinsocal@hotmail.com

Thanks, I really appreciate the help guys!
Mat

SanDiego70RTSE

I think I may have an answer to my question. Here goes....Is it true that the quarter window transition pieces/molding that I was referring to in a previous email are different for a 1970 Charger with a vinyl top and for one that has a painted top? If so, then I must have the wrong moldings.  Is this correct?

If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mat