News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window trim - need advice on mounting...

Started by DPL, July 03, 2007, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPL

On both the front and rear windows, it appears I am missing "a few" of the mounting clamps and I am wondering if anyone has used any adhesive or other glue instead of these clamps?

If so, what would you recommend?  This is for mounting the trim that butts the window and the hood/trunk.

Thanks in advance!
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code

41husk

I would recomend getting the clips from RT specialties.  I had the same problem with my Challenger, first I tried some emblem ahhesive, it got all over the trim and glass and diddn't hold,  I used duct tape to keep the pieces from flying off, (this was 1985 and the car was my transportation)  When I finaly pulled the windshield and installed new clips, I had to find new chrome trim because adhesive and duct tape gue don't clean up well.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

gordo1968charger

i agree,buy the clips its easier and its also correct.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

MadScientist

what if my windshield is in and one of the clips broke off during installation,  :flame:  can you install one with the glass in?  What about the rear?

Thanks 
MS

DPL

It turns out the clips come with a screw so yes, the windshield has to come out and the clips then go on. 

I've been told to expect to replace the front windshield seal however the rear could be saved (the rear glass is tempered and the installer will not risk cracking the windshield...)
1968 Charger RT
1969 Charger RT
1968 Super Bee
1970 Super Bee V Code