News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 tail stripe

Started by drifter69, September 14, 2007, 04:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter69

I noticed that some cars have a solid stripe around the tail and some have the R/T cut out in the stripe. I always thought the solid one was correct, where is the R/T stripe coming from. :shruggy:

Chris G.

The R/T in the stripe is correct for '69. The solid stripe is for a '70.

y3chargerrt

Strip with the R/T cut out is 69 and the solid one is a 70.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Chris G. on September 14, 2007, 04:15:54 PM
The R/T in the stripe is correct for '69. The solid stripe is for a '70. 

Quote from: y3chargerrt on September 14, 2007, 04:15:56 PM
Strip with the R/T cut out is 69 and the solid one is a 70.

ginks!! now you cant speak until someone says youre names :smilielol: :smilielol: :eek2:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

I've noticed a lot of people who like the bumblebee stripe but don't want to make like they are trying to pass their car off as a real RT will put the 70 stripe on a 69.  It's certainly an option I would look at.  Oddly enough, I can't recall ever seeing a 68 style stripe on a 69.  Anybody else?

pettybird

no?  i can't think of one example of that.  '69 stripes fit every year, though...

'68-'69 cars should all be stripe delete.  i LOVE those big badges.