News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

John Schnieder's personal general lee

Started by chargerman68, September 15, 2007, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

got some up close pics of his general lee.i think it was the one he used for this new movie is promoting without the general lee decals....

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

chargerman68

chargerman68

great car if john comes on i hope he likes.....hope to see him at fall fling,told him to come.....

65post

Whats the deal with the waves in the roof?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

chargerman68

hemi-hampton

Could it be a big Decal letting lose on roof? :shruggy: :scratchchin: LEON.

69bronzeT5

Nah, now that I look at it, just like chargerman said, its a poster. It looks like its taped to the roof? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi-hampton

Thought I seen tape, Why tape a Poster to roof? Doesn't cover up that cool looking flag or no flag their? LEON.

chargerman68

no its a poster of his new movie....just promoting it

68charger383

Whats the deal with the R/T badge on the grille and the arrow emblem on the tailpanel?

Bo drives a R/T clone!

I like those custom gauges.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Ghoste

Just 6T9 CHGR

You would think with all the guy's money he could at least have a decent set of kick panels & a nicely restored steering wheel :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TruckDriver

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 16, 2007, 05:39:54 AM
You would think with all the guy's money he could at least have a decent set of kick panels & a nicely restored steering wheel :rotz:
:iagree:

I thought the same thing :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mike DC

QuoteYou would think with all the guy's money he could at least have a decent set of kick panels & a nicely restored steering wheel rotz

It's been a 100% real car for all the years that JS has owned it.  It's not a showpiece.  He tears the tires off it all the time and puts groceries in the trunk.  The stroked Hemi idles smooth on pump gas.  The Torqueflite has a GV overdrive on it.   

Most gearheads didn't care about stuff like scuffed kickpanels and little cracks in the steering wheel back when these cars were real. 

GeneralLeeTESH

That's RIGHT ! Just ask Sheriff Enis 'bout Daisy's SHORTS sometime. They had UNTRIMMED Fringe hangin'down all the time ! Remember-this ain't Hollywood-It's Hazzard County ya'll !!!
:yesnod: :laugh: :cheers: :o
The TESH

Charger1973

Brock Samson

Mike DC

It was originally a no-rust Arizona car.  I wanna say it was a 383/727 car with a column shift/buddy seat and a factory tan SE interior. 

These days it's running a 511-inch Aruzza-built Hemi, a 727 with a GV overdrive, a Dana 60 rearend with 4.10s, 4-wheel discs, and the Hotchkiss F&R hollow-tube sway bars. 

It's not exactly worth the $10 million bucks or anything, but it's a well-setup car with decent fit/finish for a daily driver.  (Remember there's no rain or cold weather in L.A. and people actually drive their old cars 12 months a year out there.)  JS runs it in the Silver-State Classic deal in Nevada sometimes.  It works every bit as well as the combo sounds like it would on paper.   

pettyfan43

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 16, 2007, 07:41:27 AM

QuoteYou would think with all the guy's money he could at least have a decent set of kick panels & a nicely restored steering wheel rotz

It's been a 100% real car for all the years that JS has owned it.  It's not a showpiece.  He tears the tires off it all the time and puts groceries in the trunk.  The stroked Hemi idles smooth on pump gas.  The Torqueflite has a GV overdrive on it.   

Most gearheads didn't care about stuff like scuffed kickpanels and little cracks in the steering wheel back when these cars were real. 

And to ME that is one of the COOLEST things about his car, it is a real car! NOT a trailer queen, If I had the cash (NOT ten mill but a REAL fair MARKET value) to buy that car I's own the car in a second, It IS  a real driveable car! You can actually get in that thing and take off in it without worrying about every little thing!

It's one of those cars you can jump in with your buddy and go into town or head to the local cruise. 

Besides it IS the General Lee! It wouldn't look right if it was TOO pristine, it needs to look "lived in!"