News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Matching Numbers

Started by tin_soldier, November 14, 2005, 09:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

Hey guys/gals,

This may sound dumb but being still fairly new I am not sure on what I am doing all the time.   So I come to the here where there seems to be a wealth of Mopar knowledge especial on 2nd Gens which is great for me.   As some may know I recently purchased a plain Janie 69 charger with a 383 BB :icon_smile_big:

I just got it to my garage and was able to right down all the numbers I could find.   Unfortunately I don't have them on me now.   But I am looking to see if my numbers are matching all the way through.   That is VIN, Fender Tag, Motor, and Trans.   From what I was seeing it seemed to be but again this is where my in experience and lack of knowledge leaves in a wondering state.   So I am looking for some help to determine on how to verify that it is all original and it has the original motor and trans.

Bad news is I can't seem to find the build sheet.   I looked under the rear seat and it was not there.   Any chance of it being in the front bucket seats??     ???

Any help would be much appreciated Thanxs      :icon_smile_cool:

Shakey

Here is a good start!

I used the search feature as I knew this topic has been brought up in the past.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=3863.0

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4295.0.html

Good luck!

69_500

The build sheet can be in a lot of places. Most common area is under the rear seat in the springs. I have seen them also under the front buckets, behind the glove box, or in the headliner as well.

The numbers that should match are the VIN number, and the numbers on the bottom right of the fender tag. On the engine, the entire vin was stamped on the later 69's early one's have a partial vin on some cars.