News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Deck Filler Panel & Rain Gutter Channel

Started by Old Moparz, November 19, 2007, 12:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I just did a quick search, but didn't see if anyone had posted this. I saw this '68 to '70 deck filler panel on ebay, & vaguely recall this topic being brought up & discussed on here. I believe the topic was whether or not this piece could be modified & used for the trunk & plug area on the Daytona.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-68-69-70-DODGE-CHARGER-DECK-FILLER-PANEL-DUKES-SHOW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140708QQihZ017QQitemZ270187339538

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

BigBlockSam

no good . the stock  charger panel is a differant radius . one is a frown and the other is a smile. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Old Moparz

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 19, 2007, 12:32:19 PM
no good . the stock  charger panel is a differant radius . one is a frown and the other is a smile. Rene

Okay, that's probably why I couldn't find anything when I searched.  :D

If my car wasn't covered with jun......I mean covered with some spare parts, I could have easily compared the car to the Janak plug.  ::)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hotrod98

I used a 71-74 Charger dutchman panel (window to trunk filler) on Howie's car. Will do the same on mine and Stuart's car as well. If anyone removes one to use on a clone, be sure and get as much of it as possible. Makes it easier to install. It's a little different in the stepped area of the gutter, but all you have to do is alter it at the corners where it meets the '69 gutters. The radius is virtually identical to a daytona deck lid. That is if the deck lid has been altered correctly.
In the pic, I've laid the Daytona closeout panel on the deck lid, along the edge of a 74 Charger dutchman. Doesn't get much closer than that.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

i cut my panel out of the 73 already  I hope i cut you enought  ?  will snap a picture and send to you ? 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

QuoteI used a 71-74 Charger dutchman panel (window to trunk filler 

:yesnod:  hOTROD INFORMED ME OF THIS AND THATS WHAT I USED. it come out good . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on November 19, 2007, 05:31:20 PM
I made my own with a metal Brake

Larry, how did you brake that piece and get the radius to match the front of the Daytona deck lid?.
I never thought to ask you about that. My brake only bends straight lines.

Charles Addams

daytonalo

daytonalo

I made on a brake , then had to get creative and start tweaking it

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on November 19, 2007, 05:51:36 PM
I made on a brake , then had to get creative and start tweaking it
we were on a break

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on November 19, 2007, 04:39:43 PM
i cut my panel out of the 73 already I hope i cut you enought ? will snap a picture and send to you ?

Howie cut his a little narrow and it made it hard to attach. It worked out okay though. Just would be easier if it was a little wider.
Makes it stronger as well since I overlap it with the vega plug. Also, the extra width keeps it from trying to twist. While there are several ways to attach these parts, it's always stronger to overlap whenever possible. No one sees the backside anyway. While buttwelding is nicer in appearance from the backside, it's also the weakest way to attach sheetmetal. I'll take the strength over appearance in this case.
Side note...the new paint booth will be here tomorrow. We're getting close to starting on your car Stuart. I have your deck lid closeout and Howie is getting your vega plug. All I need is your car and the parts that you have.
Are you getting excited yet?  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

daytonalo

Magnumcharger

Where does one obtain said "close-out" panel??
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

hotrod98

Quote from: daytonalo on November 19, 2007, 06:04:22 PM
Waterborne booth ?

Not required in this part of the world...yet.   I can convert later if necessary. You can't even buy wb finishes around here yet.

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 19, 2007, 07:51:59 PM
Where does one obtain said "close-out" panel??

I'm all out right now. I should have more around February. They're steel like the originals and if they haven't gone up in price, they will be around $250 plus shipping.  I should have more of the wing brackets around the same time. They sell for $90 plus shipping. They're identical to the originals.

Charles Addams

66chargerkid

goody... does that mean that the speakers i just mounted need to come back out. That also means you need to get the car moving.

daytonalo

My buddy just bought a waterborne paint booth , 80 k , he said the the new waterborne booth uses water mist instead of heat ! I think I heard that right

Larry