News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Texas Big Bird Pro Mod Superbird Drag Racing Video

Started by hemi24, September 26, 2007, 09:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi24

pettybird

from the norwalk chrysler classic 3-4 years ago.  it was very cool live.  I bought a t-shirt from him :)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Jon Smith

Big bird lives in the UK now, looking forward to seeing it out :coolgleamA:

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

JMF

moparstuart

JMF

cannonball

yes guys the big bird now resides in england, and will be out racin again mid summer,

nascarxx29

Thats the old Matt Tolbert superbird from Austin TX.Guess they resolved the parachute problem from getting underneath the car
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

cannonball

Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 20, 2008, 09:09:47 PM
Thats the old Matt Tolbert superbird from Austin TX.Guess they resolved the parachute problem from getting underneath the car

hope so    :o

Paul w

:icon_smile_big: nice to see you on the forum DUNCAN by the way guys CANNONBALL IS THE NEW OWNER OF THE BIRD  :drool5: he also does trans & motor's too :angel: a real nice guy with lots of very nice MOPAR'S he's the man that did my motor and trans spot on thank you mate. :2thumbs: :cheers:
B3 / CHARGER R/T SE
MOVE OVER PEOPLE ARE RACING

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: moparstuart on September 27, 2007, 12:49:24 PM
someone needs to biuld another one in the states
I believe Chip King still runs both a Pro Mod '69 Charger and a Pro Mod '69 Daytona. 

On a mellower note, the red, white and blue car in my sig is about to become a full-on drag car complete with chassis mods.  Nothing quite like butchering an original Superbird!!!

The purists definitely ain't gonna like some of the alterations but they can kiss my petudy anyway!!!

Oh, and by the way, I shot the video in the YouTube link at the 2002 Norwalk Classic so the years are going by a little quicker than ya think Doug!
Save A Rare Rotter Today - Rebody It!

Click on pic to check out the FIVE STAR PRODUCTIONS website!

hemigeno

Quote from: OneBadSuperbird on January 24, 2008, 12:46:33 AM
I believe Chip King still runs both a Pro Mod '69 Charger and a Pro Mod '69 Daytona. 

On a mellower note, the red, white and blue car in my sig is about to become a full-on drag car complete with chassis mods.  Nothing quite like butchering an original Superbird!!!

The purists definitely ain't gonna like some of the alterations but they can kiss my petudy anyway!!!

Oh, and by the way, I shot the video in the YouTube link at the 2002 Norwalk Classic so the years are going by a little quicker than ya think Doug!

Hi John,

Good to hear that the S&M 'Bird is coming along.  What's your target ET & speed?

Oh, and the "purists" have a right to complain after they buy your car.  Until then, it's yours to use as a greenhouse to grow potted plants in if you wish.

:cheers:

BTW, welcome to the site Cannonball, and keep us posted on the Big Bird's progress.  Love the pics! :2thumbs:

OneBadSuperbird

Quote from: hemigeno on January 24, 2008, 12:49:18 PM

Hi John,

Good to hear that the S&M 'Bird is coming along.  What's your target ET & speed?

Oh, and the "purists" have a right to complain after they buy your car.  Until then, it's yours to use as a greenhouse to grow potted plants in if you wish.

Gene, the car's times and speeds depend on what engine we end up goiing with.  If we do end up going with aHemi, we'll be running in Super Stock F/Automatic.  If we end up going with a big Wedge, we'll just be running in the Pro bracket classes. 

With the Hemi, we'd be running on a 10.95 class index with trap speeds around 125-130.  With the Wedge, we'd be running around 10.50 @ 128-132. 

It'll be interesting to see if the wing car aerodynamics come into effect as the car goes past 120-plus.  the car currently goes through the traps at 108 and change and you really don't feel anything.

And the purists shouldn't be too awful upset.  I'm saving the entire front and rear suspension, k-frame. sterring, brakes, etc.  There may be some grinding and welding to do to remove the effects of the subframe connextors, roll cage, replacing the factory shock mounts and so forth but if the car was going on a rotisserie anyway, it wouldn't be so bad.  There's plenty enough nice white Superbirds floating around so the world should be OK with one that's been heavily modded in honor of Mr. 4-Speed.
Save A Rare Rotter Today - Rebody It!

Click on pic to check out the FIVE STAR PRODUCTIONS website!

69_500

Glad to see you posting over here again John. Love reading your post.

OH and I guess you could call me one of those "purist" but then again I also love seeing your Red white and Blue Bird in action. So I guess that puts me in a catch 22 situation then huh? Love seeing the origional cars, but then again I also love seeing those cars that were modified in the 70's and remain that way today.

The years are starting to go by a little quicker. Maybe its because I'm starting to get older myself. Still have a ways to go to catch you though.   :poke:

B1 Bri

hemigeno

Quote from: B1 Bri on January 27, 2008, 05:31:03 PM
Good lookin bloke that , :nana:

Well, you know the old saying that applies here dontcha?

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder...

:D

BTW, welcome to the site!!!   :cheers:

cannonball

now bri welcome aboard ole lad,  we really must get this bird back in flight, :icon_smile_big:

cannonball

Quote from: OneBadSuperbird on January 24, 2008, 04:30:01 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on January 24, 2008, 12:49:18 PM

Hi John,

Gene, the car's times and speeds depend on what engine we end up goiing with.  If we do end up going with aHemi, we'll be running in Super Stock F/Automatic.  If we end up going with a big Wedge, we'll just be running in the Pro bracket classes. 

With the Hemi, we'd be running on a 10.95 class index with trap speeds around 125-130.  With the Wedge, we'd be running around 10.50 @ 128-132. 

It'll be interesting to see if the wing car aerodynamics come into effect as the car goes past 120-plus.  the car currently goes through the traps at 108 and change and you really don't feel anythin

this 70 runner 440-6 i built for circuit racing over here in england, it does top an honest 160 mph and at speeds above 130 the rear wing drives the rear off the car down so hard it really raises the front it needs some sort off front spoiler makin to hold the front down,