News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is just the start....

Started by nh_mopar_fan, October 05, 2005, 10:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

I'm guessing this thing will need a lot more than just a wiring harness. In a couple months, the rust issues in places you never dreamed of will start popping up....

This is just a shame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Plymouth-Road-Runner-CONVERTIBLE-s-MATCHING_W0QQitemZ4580317216QQcategoryZ43921QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

myk

The idea of a car being flooded would nomally make me head for the hills, but it seems to me that the owners' family has taken care of many of the issues-it is running, after all.  Considering all of the work that they've done, what more would need to be completed? 
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Blown70

Well I guess he is not hiding the fact.  I would actually trust this more than some others.  Heck I think if one was to do this car again,  They better dip it.

BLOWN 70

nh_mopar_fan

Salt water is nasty stuff. This car will rust from the inside out unless drastic action is taken.

I'm guessing that much of the electrical is junk inside and out.

That dash will most certainly require complete replacement of everything electrical.

Old Moparz

I agree, it's definitely worth fixing, but it'll need a complete disassembly, dip & then start from the bottom up. I can almost smell the old, wet interior parts & the ocean right now.  :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Blown70

Crap I never thought about the SALT water.  Yes strip immediately and dip...... yes that would be nasty and quick.... :P

Brock Samson

I like that car, flood issues be dammned. I wonder what it will finally go for?.. Nice ad.

BigBlockSam

cool car, lotsa money to make that car a keeper
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

andy74

i wonder if you took it apart,put the body on a rottiserie and steam claened the shit out of it if it would be okay? i agree,salt water is nasty,but ive seen some really rust northern cars get re done,and thats where we generally start,at least youll know where to go from that point.if it was cheap enough id probably gamble on it(?)

Ghoste

I would want it dipped in something myself.  Sort of like reflooding it with ant-irust.

ipstrategies

Salt water and cars do not mix. My moms car was driven into the gulf of mexico (by my brother who was 13 at the time)  and was in the water about 2 hours before being removed. It was only in the water past the lower part of doors. It was cleaned and ran after that. Before the bath it was rust free and mint. Within a year the rust was everywhere and it did rot from the inside out. Ther are going to be a lot of cars form that area showing up on ebay in the next year.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

TruckDriver

To think, you know there are more old muscle cars like this out there yet :'(

Travis should go check this one out, he's fairly close :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69charger2002

if anyone is seriously considering it, i'll be glad to. it's an hour away.. kind of funny, sad situations like that end up benefitting the owner more than anyone.. he probably has 30k in it, insurance paid him 30k (or whatever), then he buys the car back probably for $1000, and now sells it AGAIN for $20k. while he makes $20k off the car, the poor car will go to a new owner who has to spend that $20k on it again. oh well. yeah i will have to make sure i travel for my mopars inthe near future unless they are DIRT cheap
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/