News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Speedtrap 71 charger

Started by C_stripes, January 29, 2008, 01:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

TruckDriver

I've owned the movie for years now. Gotta love the music :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dodgecharger-fan

Oh man! Some classics in there..

"Not today, Ms, Hastings. Not today.'

"Didn't Captain Hogan tell you guys!? "  (that's me!!!)

"I said I just joined Butts on the canal.."   :eek2:

"..and it's not even my birthday."

fun clip.

tan top

haven't seen that film for years , i'll have to get it now & do a frame by frame search for mopars in the back ground :scope: as there looks like there might be more ,  as i did not notice them as much then ::) ;D
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NYCMille

wow... file this one under ULTRA CHEESE!  :smilielol:

Drache

There is one thing that makes movies like that stand out for me... They actually call it a CHARGER! Not just some "muscle car"....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

pettyfan43

OK I ACTUALLY saw that in the theater when I was but 10!!!!!!  DON'T LAUGH!! That big red and white Charger was THE $#!+ in the 70s!!!!

I'd love to have that on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
Thanks for sharing that link. :icon_smile_cool:
Did anyone notice the green 73' SE? :shruggy:
I am on E-Bay next to look for that movie. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

THE CHARGER PUNK

yeah was just gonna say whats up with the green 73 charger running up front?

BMOTOXSTAR

The VHS is on E-Bay for about $15 plus shipping. I may have to or :shruggy:der a copy. Not on DVD as of yet. :scratchchin:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

charger_mike75

Anyone ever notice how the cops never can seem to drive worth a crap in the movies?  :rofl:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: they wreaked about a dozen mopars, where's the outrage?..  :shruggy:

pettyfan43

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 31, 2008, 09:40:33 PM
:scratchchin: they wreaked about a dozen mopars, where's the outrage?..  :shruggy:

I just can't help thinking how I would LOVE to have the dashpad out of just ONE of those police cars! !!!!!!

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 30, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

I know, a 73' SE in the lead? Only in the movies. I love SE'S but they are known for luxury and not muscle. :Twocents: :shruggy:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

pettyfan43

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on January 31, 2008, 11:50:37 PM
Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 30, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

I know, a 73' SE in the lead? Only in the movies. I love SE'S but they are known for luxury and not muscle. :Twocents: :shruggy:

They were also available with 440s and even 4 speeds.

BMOTOXSTAR

:iagree:
I forgot about that. You are right, I would love to find on of those SE'S. :2thumbs:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

pettyfan43

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on February 02, 2008, 03:06:49 AM
:iagree:
I forgot about that. You are right, I would love to find on of those SE'S. :2thumbs:

MAN I knew a guy that had a 74 SE with a 440 automatic, pullled it out of a scrap yard and collected 80-85 % of the stuff to rebuild the car it was triple WHITE.

He got most everything together and before I knew what happened, he junked the car!!! IT was a good rebuildable car but at the time they just weren't WORTH anything!!! So he quit on it.

Like to have that hot rod now!!!!

My 73 will get a 400 (actually 451, I have one of those "good" 72 blocks to use) and is getting 72 bumpers with hideaway headlights and R/T style taillights. I'm doing the bumpers body color and its color will be the 05-06 Charger/Ram Daytona "Go MAN Go ! Orange" ANd I am using the 73 Rally stripes and hood blackout.

My intent is to build the suspension and put bigger wheels and tires (17-18 inch range) and tie the framerails together, BIG sway bars, torsion bars and springs.

The car is actually a lot better than it looks in these pics. Originally a 318 car, I have the parts donor car for the big block conversion (the ugly green 'doba)and an 8-3/4 rear axle. The car came with P/W, P/S, P/B, AM/FM (YEAH it still works!!) A/C and rear Defog, also has the buckets and slap stick. I have added a tuff wheel, front and rear spoilers, and have a HUGE assortment of new and NOS STUFF to go on the car.

Right now I am just working on getting my 66 up and going and then the 73 is gonna be my main focus. I need a right door and fender REALLY badly.