News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stealth Head vs 906 Head weight

Started by Blakcharger440, March 08, 2008, 05:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I have not seen the actual numbers posted here yet so I thought I woould post them. Both heads were assembled with springs and valves so they both have the same valvetrain components installed.

906 Head = 50 lbs.
Stealth Head = 26lbs.

There ya go! Thats alot of weight off the front end!  :cheers:

suntech

Iron block app 305 lbs, aluminum block app 142 lbs!!!  :D :D
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: suntech on March 10, 2008, 05:20:43 PM
Iron block app 305 lbs, aluminum block app 142 lbs!!!  :D :D

A factory 440 block weighs 225-230 lbs so going aluminum saves 100 lbs of the nose of the car.  ;)

The new "World Products" Megablocks go 305-310 (rough bored at 4.19 inches) in cast iron but that is a bulletproof block. Depending on the finished bore diameter it will lose some weight....the larger you go, the lighter it gets.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs