News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guitarist Jeff Healey dies at 41

Started by TruckDriver, March 04, 2008, 07:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

Well, that sucks.  :'(

I remember when his first album came out & had seen him on TV. He definitely had a unique style of playing with the guitar on his lap. I never got to go see him play live & wish I did.

I think I recall that he was in the movie "Roadhouse" & had a small part as the guitarist in the house band.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger74

RIP Jeff.  MAn he was good.  I heard today that he died of cancer, which had also caused his blindness.   

moparstuart

Quote from: Charger74 on March 04, 2008, 09:14:04 AM
RIP Jeff.  MAn he was good.  I heard today that he died of cancer, which had also caused his blindness.   
   yes he suffered with cancer on and off all his life   RIP
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

I saw him back in the mid '90s,.. He played with a lot of fire... and had absloute perfect pitch... R.I.P.  :musik010: :patriot: :angelwing:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 04, 2008, 07:53:02 AM
I think I recall that he was in the movie "Roadhouse" & had a small part as the guitarist in the house band.

You are right. I love and own that movie on dvd. He was the house band in the bar. He also did most if not all the music for the movie. Kevin Tighe of EMERGENCY fame is the bar owner.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BigBlockSam

QuoteI recall that he was in the movie "Roadhouse"   

ah, thats a shame  ,  R.I.P.
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

dads_69

Didn't he also sing the theme song for the TV show PINKS?
He was a great musician.
R.I.P.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

JimShine

I bought a Jackson guitar from him maybe 4 or 5 years ago. He was a nice guy in person.

General_01

I thought I also read that he was set to release his first rock album in 8 years on April 22nd. Should be another great album. RIP Jeff.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on March 04, 2008, 08:32:05 PM
I thought I also read that he was set to release his first rock album in 8 years on April 22nd. Should be another great album. RIP Jeff.

You read that right, as I read that too.
PETE

71ChallengeHer

That's so sad. I really like his music. My prayers are with his family.  :angel:

hutch

Now that sucks.  he overcame so much.  RIP.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

BMOTOXSTAR

Seems that the good die young....... :engel016:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Back N Black

I saw him a few years back in Concert, he was a great musician. I didn't know he was so popular South of the Border.

my73charger

This is kinda ironic, only because they starred together in Roadhouse.  I just read that Patrick Swayze has cancer and has been given 5 weeks to live.  Don't know if it is confirmed truth yet though.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23327813-10388,00.html

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Magnumcharger

When I heard he'd died, my first thought was "maybe he might have accidently stepped out in front of a car or something", but CANCER?
Never would have guessed that.

I saw him live at the Aiken Center in Fredericton a few years back. Pretty good show too!

An audience member repeatedly heckled him, and was yelling "DO ANGEL EYES" over and over again. Jeff told him in no uncertain terms to "Shut the fuck up or I'll come down there and kick your ass"!!

THAT I would have paid to see!!

RIP Mr. Healey. Say "Hi" to Stevie for me. I'll see both of you soon enough.

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on March 06, 2008, 12:20:39 AM
When I heard he'd died, my first thought was "maybe he might have accidently stepped out in front of a car or something", but CANCER?
Never would have guessed that.

I saw him live at the Aiken Center in Fredericton a few years back. Pretty good show too!

An audience member repeatedly heckled him, and was yelling "DO ANGEL EYES" over and over again. Jeff told him in no uncertain terms to "Shut the fuck up or I'll come down there and kick your ass"!!

THAT I would have paid to see!!

RIP Mr. Healey. Say "Hi" to Stevie for me. I'll see both of you soon enough.

stevie and jimi !  :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE