News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Pics from talkiemopar...

Started by hemigeno, April 16, 2008, 10:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Many of you guys will recognize the car right away, but Rick & Sherry (talkiemopar) also sent over pics of their very cool and very regularly-driven Superbird.

hemigeno

More 'Bird pics:

Beep Beep Dave

Very nice! I wouldn't mind regularily driving that one myself :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

moparstuart

rick we need a picture of the top of the left door 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Very nice.....................  If I can't do the Daytona deal............. Do they wanna trade a hemi Charger for it?..............  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Don't think they will ever part with the Superbird. Rick bought it new.

The top of the drivers door, is down to bare metal. I'll see if I have a picture of the top of the door.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on April 17, 2008, 03:24:05 PM

The top of the drivers door, is down to bare metal. I'll see if I have a picture of the top of the door.

his grandson made an exact model of the car with the same bare metal spot on the top of the drivers door. From where rick arm has worn off all the paint hanging it out the window over the years . He and that car have made it a wing meet every year .   

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

I have a better one somewhere but this was the only one I could find.

billssuperbird

hemi68charger

Ahhhhh,, Ok, I believe I know this Superbird and driver (heard about them).. Lil' Dream collection, two aerocars.........

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

gtx6970

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 17, 2008, 06:59:03 PM

Ahhhhh,, Ok, I believe I know this Superbird and driver (heard about them).. Lil' Dream collection, two aerocars.........

Troy

Troy,

It's the same owner that had the daytona I was working for you.( now since sold it btw)

He has the bird ( bought it new ) and 2 charger 500's

Rick and Sherry live about 10 minutes from me

nascarxx29

The drivers door had the paint worn down by Rick .And he had about every dash plaque from various shows plastering the dash back.When I seen it .Its got to be a well traveled over 100K 6 pack superbird
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ghoste

Somewhere I have this awesome photo from the front 3/4 angle that shows off the arm wear on the door while at the rear of the car Rick is holding court before a semicircle of friends sitting in lawn chairs (arms gesturing wildly) while he spins a yarn and perched on the wing is a can of Coke.  Damn I wish I could find it.  :brickwall:

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on April 23, 2008, 07:32:00 PM
Somewhere I have this awesome photo from the front 3/4 angle that shows off the arm wear on the door while at the rear of the car Rick is holding court before a semicircle of friends sitting in lawn chairs (arms gesturing wildly) while he spins a yarn and perched on the wing is a can of Coke.  Damn I wish I could find it.  :brickwall:
I can see that picture in my head , that is rick in a nut shell  :Twocents: :Twocents:

moparmom

For everyones info the bird Rick and I have logged over 153,000 miles to date!  So, as for it's present condition, original paint and all - I believe that's a real feat!  Proud original owners.  I hope you all get as much fun and have as much love of your mopar.  As our 'family' car for more that 10 years it has brought us more adventures that I can count and as ya'll know never feel old or dated.  Hope to make it to this years meet in Deluth (add another 700 miles, if it makes it)  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: Sherry/Rick

BigBlockSam

QuoteFor everyones info the bird Rick and I have logged over 153,000 miles to date!  So, as for it's present condition, original paint and all - I believe that's a real feat!  Proud original owners.  I hope you all get as much fun and have as much love of your mopar.  As our 'family' car for more that 10 years it has brought us more adventures that I can count and as ya'll know never feel old or dated.  Hope to make it to this years meet in Deluth (add another 700 miles, if it makes it)    Sherry/Rick   

:cheers: very rare to see a car survive like that . good job.  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Cool thread.. That is a very nice 'Bird.. Remember hearing about it at the '05 AeroWarriors Meet at Talledega...............

Troy
Troy