News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buying upholstery in Canada

Started by Ghoste, April 09, 2008, 11:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Looking for the experiences of others with purchasing seat upholstery in Canada, specifically Ontario.  I know first hand that buying anything from Year One and shipping to Canada is like dry rape, but who has ordered direct from Legendary or Dantes?
There are also a couple of places in Ontario that I'm told are dealers for Legendary product, if this is true, who are they and is it any cheaper?

OttawaCharger

HI Ghoste,
Depending where you are, Legendary is in Newark NY which might be within driving reach if you're somewhere near the border.
or
Moparfest has Legendary listed as one of their 2008 vendors http://www.moparfest.com/2008_vendors.htm  Maybe if you contact them and you can wait, Legendary might bring it for you.

Good luck!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Ghoste

No, I'm an hour from Detroit so it's a bit of a drive for me.  I want to get these in the next couple of weeks so the other suggestion, although very much appreciated, doesn't help me either.

UFO

I have heard that Fed ex has reasonable brokerage rates.Might be worth checking out.Thats if the supplier will ship with them.
I only had one big order(too big for USPS) thru Legendary and they did all the charges on their end.

DC_1

You can always ship to a UPS store and have the packeage "Hold for Pickup" in around Detroit. A few of my buddies who live in Windsor do it all the time. They claim it works out pretty well.

Ghoste

Never heard of that, it sounds like a good option.

Shakey

Year One has dealers in Canada. 

Also, there is a company in London that deals with interior products, can't recall the name right now.

Ghoste

If you do happen to remember the name Shakey, let me know.  Options are good.  :2thumbs:

Dante

Quote from: Ghoste on April 09, 2008, 11:18:33 AM
Looking for the experiences of others with purchasing seat upholstery in Canada, specifically Ontario.  I know first hand that buying anything from Year One and shipping to Canada is like dry rape, but who has ordered direct from Legendary or Dantes?
There are also a couple of places in Ontario that I'm told are dealers for Legendary product, if this is true, who are they and is it any cheaper?

Most companies ship via UPS or FedEx only and it is very expensive when you factor in the broakerage charges.  As a courtesy to our International customers we ship via USPS, there are no brakerage fees and shipping is very resonable.

If you are looking for seat covers within the next couple of weeks you better order them now as you are certain to have a 3-4 week lead time.
If you need any further help just e-mail me.

NMike

Quote from: UFO on April 09, 2008, 06:07:58 PM
I have heard that Fed ex has reasonable brokerage rates.Might be worth checking out.Thats if the supplier will ship with them.
I only had one big order(too big for USPS) thru Legendary and they did all the charges on their end.
NEVER USE UPS OR FED-EX CROSS BORDER

i bought a die-cast charger from a guy in NY. $20. shipping was $15, brokerage was $75!!!!!

there are usually places near the boarder that will accept and hold packages for you. i ship all my stuff there and pick up once a month or so. only costs $2 per package and no brokerage. just a couple of hours of time. i get "money back" by filling my tank while i'm south.

Big Sugar

Shaun

"NOS reproductions" carries Legendary's product line, They are out of Komoka Ontario. Kris Phife isthe Chap you'll need to talk with.
  You could also give Gary Nolan a call he's from "Diamond Trim" in Aurora Ontario, He'll make you a perfect reproduction set of skins if that's what you need. He's a Mopar guy Thru and Thru..He's got my Door panels right now as well as a few other bits.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

What is he doing to your door panels?

Big Sugar

I've got a second set of door panels in for a re-dye and a bit of upholstry work.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on April 10, 2008, 09:22:56 AM
If you do happen to remember the name Shakey, let me know.  Options are good.  :2thumbs:

Quote"NOS reproductions" carries Legendary's product line, They are out of Komoka Ontario.

That's who I was thinking about.  Komoka is just outside of London off of the 402.

Ghoste

Really?  That's fairly close to me then, for some reason I thought Komoka was way the hell up by you someplace.

68 CHARGER R/T

you could also give nigel a call at national moparts.  1-888-652-7464 no charge call   :2thumbs:

Mr Bigblock

Just do what i did setup  a mailbox in Detroit if thats close at ups or somewhere i did mine in Niagara Falls cost 150 for the year just go pick it up declare it if ya want pay the gst and your over .You will get raped on broker fees if you ship if from the USA.

E5 Charger

Check out the Group Buy section, Legendary is having a 25% off sale until the 24th. You could call them for shipping.