News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oil Filter Removal and Replacement

Started by jdiesel33, June 01, 2008, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

All,
I posted this in the General Q&A section, but then remembered once I was told that this section got a lot more traffic. Anyhow, I am trying to replace the oil filter. What is the easiest way to do this? Do I have to remove the battery shelf and maybe something else. I cant figure out how to get this done without removing other components, but want to be sure. Just doesnt seem like it should be this difficult. It is a 68 R/T with 440 Magnum. Picture of said oil filter below.

Thanks
Much
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Hemidog

not sure about that fan shroud, but you should be able to remove the filter from underneath, without removing anything.

jdiesel33

Got it. Went from underneath and actually had to take it out and thread the new one thru a hole right next door. Thanks man.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

histoy

Info for the next time you change the filter..... I take a screwdriver and a hammer and make a hole in the bottom front edge of the filter and let the oil drain out before removing the filter.   Helps to prevent a mess on the K frame....Brian