News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GENERAL LEE

Started by MORFF, April 01, 2010, 01:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

was the color he-mi orange or hugger orange scratching my head i am going to paint the car with this general lee orange get the rims and do custom magnets for the 01 flag and general lee decals.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

skip68

I used 69 Hugger orange.   :yesnod:    To me it looked the best out of all the colors.   :icon_smile_wink:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MORFF

can you send me some pics so i can see it in different angles tks nics man
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Darkman

I heard somewhere that the General Lee orange is not an actual dodge colour but a chevy colour.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

6d9 charger

I  USED  AMC COLOR BIG BAD ORANGE , THAT WHAT THE SMITH BROS. DO THEIR CARS IN , NICE COLOR

mikepmcs

i used big bad orange as well. 2005 movie color.

original color was 75' corvette flame red
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MORFF

tks guys if you guys can post picks tks not sure what orange i am going to use
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Brock Samson

Welcome to the site MORFF.
FYI: using search there are more than 30 threads under "Hugger Orange" and 23 found under "Flame Red"
there are many dozens of threads regarding General Lee Paint Jobs and 51 pages of "General Lee" threads...

There's also the member's charger pics up top of the General Discussion page... Might be a lot faster and help narrow it down...

TylerCharger69

Right now...mine is hemi orange, but im changing it to AMC big bad orange....as the movie cars are...Hemi orange just seems too dark....LEE 1 was Corvette Flame Red....and others were Hugger orange....there was probably other shades used too.....

7chargers

Just watched season 7 of the Dukes of Hazzard, episode one "Happy Birthday General Lee" and did you know that the original General Lee was Black!!! Cool episode if you haven't seen it!!

68coronetGLwannabe

I used Hemi orange. Then again alot of my GL is not correct.  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

MORFF

TKS FOR THE PIC THE FLAG LOOKS NICE MAN
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

BlueSS454

I used 1969 V2 Hemi Orange on mine.  I wanted to keep it a Mopar color.

Tom Rightler

MORFF

nice man mine should be in primer this year. i am going to do the engine bay door wells and trunk in the orange color i am steering toward the big bad orange color tks guys nice cars cant wait tell mine is at least in the orange color.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

BlueSS454

One thing I did when I painted mine....I shot the interior, door jambs, back side of doors hood & deck lid, interior trunk, engine bay, and underside with a Single Stage urethane paint.  That way, it's easy to touch up or repair if need be.  Then I shot the outside with base/clear.
Tom Rightler

Mike DC

BTW:  The 1978 Georgia "Dukes" crew originally painted the cars Hemi Orange.  But they tested it and discovered that the color looked too red and dark on the developed 35mm film. So they resprayed the cars with the Corvette Orange Flame color because it looked more like a good bright orange on the film. 

MORFF

I just have to share this story you know when you buy a new car you never notice that car until you own one your self. Well this happenend to me I work third shift so my schedule is odd compared to a ordinary person I started going a different way to the guys house I car pool with to work. Two days in a row i pass the General lee by candy hill road in Naudatuck,ct. in the morning I can not wait tell I can pass him in my car. Just had to share this story to see if it has happened to someone else.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Cooter

Yep, it would seem that once you build a GL, then there seems to be about 6 right in your home town that you never knew about before...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"