News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear power window lift motor removal/install (69 charger)

Started by Tarzan, February 19, 2009, 06:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarzan

Does anyone have a schematic for how to do this the easiest way?

What to I do? Do I take the window out or change it from the inside of the car?

Hope to get some good advice.

moparjohn

OK, here it is in a nutshell.  Remove back seat and inner pannels.  Remove glass from arm. Drill hole through arm/regulator and put bolt in hole and attach nut,  so it cannot spring.  Take new motor and lne up where the installed one is located.  You can see on the motor where the attaching bolts hold it to the body, but you can't get to them because of the inner body metal.  By matching up the motor you can drill large enough holes in the inner body metal to remove the motor (3 bolts) Oterwise you have to remove all the window channels and the motor/regulator as a unit. I hope this helps, and Napa has the motors rebuilt that you can buy.  You need to put the proper electric end on the motor.  I did this years ago so I have no pics to share.  Assembly is easy, don't forget to remove bolt.  John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparjohn on February 19, 2009, 07:38:01 PM
OK, here it is in a nutshell.  Remove back seat and inner panels.  Remove glass from arm. Drill hole through arm/regulator and put bolt in hole and attach nut,  so it cannot spring.  Take new motor and line up where the installed one is located.  You can see on the motor where the attaching bolts hold it to the body, but you can't get to them because of the inner body metal.  By matching up the motor you can drill large enough holes in the inner body metal to remove the motor (3 bolts) Otherwise you have to remove all the window channels and the motor/regulator as a unit. I hope this helps, and Napa has the motors rebuilt that you can buy.  You need to put the proper electric end on the motor.  I did this years ago so I have no pics to share.  Assembly is easy, don't forget to remove bolt.  John
Yep, but I didn't remove any glass.  I just did mine last week.  I just unscrewed the motor, popped it off, put on the new motor, and I was done.  I bought motors on ebay for 52.00 with shipping included.  If you look at an angle you can see one of the 3 mounting bolts, remove that one .  Then look again for the second bolt, I drilled a hole, then I got my dremal tool and cut a square hole out with one of the thin cutting blades.  The metal is so soft I was able to use a cutting pliers and peel away more metal if needed.  The 3rd hole was up top and easy to locate, same thing, drill cut and then I just took a screwdriver and pryed the motor off. POP it goes.  To put it back on was real easy.  Just line up the teeth and bolt it back in. I was able to use the right motor on the left side also.  Only 2 screw holes line up that way, but it works fine and there is no movement of the motor with it being held on with 2 screws.  That was because they never asked which side I needed, they just sent me 2 right side motors and I was working on the left side of the car. ::)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=310116917509

AutoPartsDirectToYou
Read About Us Here: 
Call us with any questions 1-866-770-2771
Canada & International Call 1-321-777-2771

Brand New Window Motor
FREE SHIPPING-Limited Time Only!!!
Continental 48 States Only, Canada Shipping $25.00(UPS)
(AK,HI,PR,APO & Other International Shipping Info Below)

Condition: New

Brand New Window Motor
Fits Dodge Charger 69-70
Fits Rear Right (Passenger Side)
Factory Part # 2999326
(View Fitment Chart Below)

If you are not sure about fitment, please call us before ordering. You can also match up the factory part number provided, however dealerships tend to change their part number often. Please call to confirm if you are not sure, shipping is non-refundable and ebay fees/restocking fees may apply to incorrect orders.
All items are in stock at the time of listing, We do occaisionally sell out of these, however we get them back in usually within 1-10 business days. Please call us if you would like to confirm stock, otherwise we will ship as soon as they are available. ANY QUESTIONS: Our toll free phone number is 1-866-770-2771

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Tarzan

I just finished both window lift motors for the back in my 69 charger, but there was no improvement:(

The right side will not move at all but on the left side, it works for like 1 inch and that's that.

What do I do?

moparjohn

Did you remove the bolt that you istalled to hold the regulator from springing? (if you did that). Is it properly wired/getting power?  are the channels for the slides clear of excess debris/dried up grease.  do they roll properly?  There has to be a reason they are not working- mechanical or electrical. let us know.

moparjohn

Oh, did you test the motors before install to see they worked?

Tarzan

I did not test them but they are new so it shouldn't`t be a problem.

One of the windows react just like the old one by going down 2 inches so is has to be something else.

I`ll remove the old grease and put some new grease on and hope that it helps. It seems like all the wires work but also check that as well.

1969chargerrtse

Look, pull out the motor.  If you cannot take the glass by the upper corner with your fingers and move it, up and down you have a bind.  By the time I was done, I was able to swing my window up and down with ease.  Then I installed the motor.  You will see or feel with your hands the plastic rollers that need to roll in the slotted track.  If not, the window will bind.  I shot oil up and down my tracks, and worked the glass up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down ,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down,up an down.  I'm 52.  I think I was 51 when I started.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Tilar

Quote from: Tarzan on February 28, 2009, 01:05:16 PM
I did not test them but they are new so it shouldn't`t be a problem.

New doesn't mean good. I buy and sell cars on the side and have bought a few new window motors for various cars and so far I'm running around 60% of them being in at least some sort of working condition. Foreign built motors are put together to look similar to the originals but with very little quality control.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.