News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

timming

Started by slyfox, April 29, 2009, 05:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slyfox

Hi, I have a 383 4brl, rebuilt, with electronic control, 750cfm holley, 75 jets, timming ste at 12 , when sitting for a week, i have a hard time strating it, no chock on it, plan to put a manual one on, when warm or hot ,some times it backfires through the carb, not all the time ,on take off, on the highway speed it's fine, any idea what can cause this, thanks Sly

mopar_nut_440_6

Is this a new problem or ongoing? Did you change anything when this started happening? When you remove the air cleaner and manually pull teh throttle are you getting fuel pumping out of the squirters?
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

slyfox

Hi, It's ongoing, i changed the front jets from 70 to 75, it does squirt fuel, and it stop, ran good for about 3 weeks, but it started again, the starting part is the same, hard time to start it when cold, not when it's warm or hot, i did put the vacum advance back on the distobutor, that all. thanks

slyfox

hi again, it run nice on idol, but some time it runs rough, it only backfires on takeoff, no flames, just a loud POW,it does stall, but not all the time, 80 percent of the time it runs good, i have electronic ignition, could it be a small vaccum leak or the distbutor? 

slyfox

by the way it's an original 383 70 charger, with manifolds, but it rebuilt  thanks sly