News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Tailights

Started by Bluestar, April 19, 2009, 09:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluestar

Just a simple question.  Is there any difference between 1970 Sport Satellite, GTX, and Superbird tailights?  I know the Road Runner and base Satellite tailights do not have the horizontal split in the middle.  The reason I ask is that I have a set of these out of an old Sport Satellite that I grabbed out of a boneyard about 20 years ago with hopes of finding a car to put them in.  Now I am thinking I may try and find them a home with a person that could use them.

Thanks.

Ghoste

I believe the taillamps themselves were all the same, it was just the trim bezels that differed.

C_stripes

Road Runner, Sport Sat, and GTX all have the same. Base Satellite and Belevedere have their own.

Quote from: Bluestar on April 19, 2009, 09:12:03 PM
Just a simple question.  Is there any difference between 1970 Sport Satellite, GTX, and Superbird tailights?  I know the Road Runner and base Satellite tailights do not have the horizontal split in the middle.  The reason I ask is that I have a set of these out of an old Sport Satellite that I grabbed out of a boneyard about 20 years ago with hopes of finding a car to put them in.  Now I am thinking I may try and find them a home with a person that could use them.

Thanks.

Road Runners do have the horizontal bar.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

hotrod98

The set that I have from a GTX appear to be different from the standard Roadrunner/Superbird style. I would have to get them out and look at them again. Seems like the bezels are chrome and rough argent. They do have the horizontal bar of course.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

C_stripes

They do have argent on them. but they are the same other than paint. I have seen chrome ones on a sport satellite, but I think that someone did them custom. But not positive.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Ghoste

Road Runner and Superbird have a body colored bezel, the GTX and Sport Satellite have the painted argent silver ones.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on April 19, 2009, 09:29:52 PM
Road Runner and Superbird have a body colored bezel, the GTX and Sport Satellite have the painted argent silver ones.
GTX and  Sport satelite do also have a thin chrome out line on the bezel . You can scuff it and paint over it like I did but they came factory with chrome .  Hard to see with the glare but that is chrome on the bezel

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE