News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

still working on Lightning Rods install- now console plate problems

Started by mauve66, July 03, 2009, 11:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

i finally found a WELL - used 4spd top plate to get my shifter done, then decided to spring for a new one i found for a little over $200, it looks like it was cast wrong or taken out of the mold too early or something, contacting the seller now as it was sold as new so i'm not bashing them yet, will wait to see what they say

here i thought i was almost done with this part and i was trying to give the used console top away, so much for Karma coming back around i guess

a word of advice to anyone that has bought ANY item for a future project and just put it in storage when ya got it, make sure it fits correctly before you put it in storage

pic 1 - used plate i was giving away

pic 2 - new plate that doesn't fit corectly
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

kab69440

WOW! That's an amazing amount of disparity! Personally, I'd chop the one that fits the console. Would you like to try cutting the center out of an auto plate, instead? I can give you a '66 for shipping costs. It might be a better option for you.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

mauve66

thanks for the offer but the hole from the auto section that would be left after removing the insert is farther to the rear than i can go due to the console lights sticking out so far into the center of the console. 
the hole for the 4 spd is almost perfect, side to side is good but a little too long in the front but i'll have to make a custom cover anyway

i guess i should look at the auto cover i took off to check the front edge, since i'll have to get a custom cover to go over the space at the front of the 4 spd one anyway, i guess it could cover the space at the front and back as well
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

gasoline_24

Mine fit like that too.  Did you try and turn the front metal piece over and see how it fits?  I did that and it fit great.  I installed the front metal piece upside down and that was the only problem.

mauve66

here is the opposite end of the 2nd pic with no hardware attached, its just sitting on the console, if i used the front hook piece then it would be WAY up in the air from forcing the front down to meet the console
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

gasoline_24

That is no good.  Hopefully you ordered it from BE&A or PG.  They will both take care of  you.

mauve66

Quote from: gasoline_24 on July 03, 2009, 05:32:21 PM
That is no good.  Hopefully you ordered it from BE&A or PG.  They will both take care of  you.
i hear their stuff is top notch, no i didn't, i was trying to save some money for the rest of the project, i guess this is what i deserve :brickwall: :brickwall:

not knocking the seller though, i have to give them a chance to fix it
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim