News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona clone f6 green

Started by unrulyprocuda, July 15, 2009, 11:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notabird

Welcome to the site. I think I talked to you at the Shriners show in Evansville.
Brent

unrulyprocuda

YES YOU DID AND I TALKED TO CHERYL WELLS YESTERDAY AND SHE SAID YOU AND SHERRI MADE IT OVER THIS WEEKEND I WAS IN CARLISLE FOR THE SHOW. I HAD BEEN READING ON THE SITE FOR A WHILE AND FINALLY DECIDED TO JOIN IN THANKS

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on July 15, 2009, 11:41:30 PM
what i want to know is why none of you have written a book or dvd on the building process of a clone and a parts list and possible suppliers for people like me just starting out

We have.

You're lookin' at it.

hotrod98

I've been asked a couple of times to either write a book or make a video. I don't feel that I have enough experience yet to do so.
One of the things that I keep thinking about is that the parts availability will always be changing. What's available and who provides it seems to change quite often. Some parts become unavailable when a vendor decides to stop making them and then sometimes new and improved parts become available. For example, I've been told that the nose to fender seals that are available through The Paddock (and only Paddock for now) are new designed parts and are now correct and fit very nice.
To make writing a book even more difficult is the fact that the procedures to install fiberglass products may ,and usually do, differ from steel products.
I would love to see someone like Mike Goyette with Dayclona write a book about building wingcar clones. He both produces the parts and builds the cars. He's familiar with every part in detail that is needed for the build.
I have many pages of notes on building wingcars based on info provided by Mike.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams