News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Booster Push Rod Bolt

Started by jkornoff, December 05, 2009, 11:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkornoff

I'm rebuilding the linkages, pedal assembly, booster, and master Cylinder on my 69.  Originally a power drum car so I'm bolting in a new Bendix booster.

Unfortunately I started this process years ago and am only just now getting around to finishing it.

The booster push rod hole seems way too big for the bolt that is supposed to go through it.  The linkage has smaller holes that are perfect for the bolt, but the pushrod itself is too large.  Doesn't seem right.  Page 5-20 of the shop manual doesn't show that there is a bushing or bearing or something that goes inside the pushrod.  I don't think I have any spare parts, so is this how it's supposed to go back together?  Smaller bolt, larger pushrod?

I stole this this pic from another post here on the boards to illustrate.  Thanks!

Also, this o-ring, I broke it.  Necessary part?  Replacement available?  Or just any standard o-ring will do?

jkornoff

I'm learning that there might be a bushing that goes inside the booster pushrod.  I've got to have that laying somewhere around, unless it got tossed by mistake.

Any idea where I could get another?  Suppose I could turn another one out of brass or something.