News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Hampshire Auto Inspection Questions.

Started by hutch, March 11, 2010, 11:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch

Well I just moved to New Hampshire from Virginia and I was a little set back by the state auto inspection requirements they have here.  In VA, my car is registered as an Antique vehicle and is not required to have any state inspection.

In New Hampshire it looks like I have to have a full inspection no matter how I register the car.  Do any of you New Hampshire folk have any heads up on what to expect when I drive my 73 in for inspection?  I have done so much custom stuff to it, I am not sure if I want some kid at the garage taking it out on the road and "testing" the brakes.

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

TeeWJay426

They won't actually drive it.... will pull a wheel (maybe) to check the linings, and that's about it. You can get an antique registration, which means you only have to get an inspection every other year. A regular registration requires an annual inspection. It's just basically for safety equipment- make sure your lights work, brakes are good, front end is tight, wipers/horn/etc. work. Not even emissions requirements are checked.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

hutch

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on March 11, 2010, 12:57:35 PM
They won't actually drive it.... will pull a wheel (maybe) to check the linings, and that's about it. You can get an antique registration, which means you only have to get an inspection every other year. A regular registration requires an annual inspection. It's just basically for safety equipment- make sure your lights work, brakes are good, front end is tight, wipers/horn/etc. work. Not even emissions requirements are checked.

then thats good news.  I might need some work on my bushings up front but we will see what they say.

thanks for the info.

TeeWJay426

No problem. Where in NH are you located? I'm in Brookline myself, and there are a few more of us on the board also, as well as some other nearby New England states.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Musicman

The only requirement for transferring an out of state registration for a vehicle 25 years and older in CT is a VIN Verification to make certain it's the same vehicle. No emmisions for our vehicles in CT either... they got tired of getting sued every other day for the damages.

hutch

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on March 11, 2010, 03:09:11 PM
No problem. Where in NH are you located? I'm in Brookline myself, and there are a few more of us on the board also, as well as some other nearby New England states.

We moved just outside of Concord but that might change. My job is in Boston and the commute is getting very old, long and expensive. :)

With spring around the corner I hope to get my sled on the road soon but I was thinking of making some changes to the torsion bars. Every time I start to work on this thing it turns into a months long project so we will see.

nh_mopar_fan

Concord to Boston? :eek2:

I did Raymond to Boston (74 miles R/T) for 7 years. I feel your pain brother.

At least I had the option of taking RT95 south rather than Rt93. I hated 93.

I hope you're commuting off hours. That commute is terrible.

hutch

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on March 12, 2010, 11:39:17 AM
Concord to Boston? :eek2:

I did Raymond to Boston (74 miles R/T) for 7 years. I feel your pain brother.

At least I had the option of taking RT95 south rather than Rt93. I hated 93.

I hope you're commuting off hours. That commute is terrible.

Im doing a bus direct from Concord to South Station then the T into Brookline (2.5 hours 1 way).  Sucks but ya do what ya got-a do when it comes to putting food on the table.

NHCharger

Quote from: hutch on March 12, 2010, 11:59:40 AM
Im doing a bus direct from Concord to South Station then the T into Brookline (2.5 hours 1 way).  Sucks but ya do what ya got-a do when it comes to putting food on the table.

2.5 HOURS ONE WAY :o :o Holy Shiet.
I'm in Barrington, about 45 minutes away. We'll have to hook up for a cruise sometime this summer.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NHCharger on March 12, 2010, 09:18:26 PM
Quote from: hutch on March 12, 2010, 11:59:40 AM

2.5 HOURS ONE WAY :o :o Holy Shiet.
I'm in Barrington, about 45 minutes away. We'll have to hook up for a cruise sometime this summer.

DAM... And I thought I had it bad with a 45mi one way trip (1 hr) to central VT from the Dartmouth area every day.

Ill go with what they said earlier about the inspection. I lived in VA for roughly 4yrs before I moved up here to NH in 98. Id say you'll need to get used to driving in snow but VA got more then we did this year.  :brickwall:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

wayfast1500

I'm in Derry, if your worried about exhaust ect I can pm you a few shops which will over look loud exhausts.  I've never owned anything with a stock exhaust and never had a issue.  Most places I've been to will just look at the pads and feel the balljoints and tie rods.