News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 charger 500 440 value

Started by nelson_audet, August 24, 2011, 09:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson_audet

i have one question for you guy. My next goal in the hobby is the purchase in a couple year, of a 69 440 charger 500.
I plan to sell my RT 69 for purchase a 500 in the next 5 years. I will drive it an enjoy it before, and keep my money for paid the difference...

my question is :

how much according to you, i can paid for a nice driver 69 charger 500 440CI.
Here in quebec i can't have an idea of the price range because nobody have a 500 charger in quebec :)

thanks for your info...
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

XS29LA47V21

nelson_audet

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on August 24, 2011, 09:34:42 AM
Here you go :drool5: :drool5:.  20k-40k plus for builders, nice white Hemi on ebay for 170ish and nice 440 cars 60-90k
:2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,74403.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82617.0.html

i see these 2 project car. so i can  found according to you a nice driver 440 for around 60 K ?

RallyeMike

I would say the problem is finding a "driver" quality car. It seems like all the cars I have seen for sale in the last few years are either projects or restored. So you are perhaps looking at the $20-30k range, or $70-80k range (?) for a 440 car. I picked up a runner (not driver) project for 15k early this year (lucky).
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hemi68charger

Nice R/T..... I'll trade ya my C500 for your R/T...........   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nelson_audet

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 24, 2011, 11:11:59 AM

hey troy :) your 500 is a project?

hemi68charger

Quote from: nelson_audet on August 24, 2011, 11:15:17 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 24, 2011, 11:11:59 AM

hey troy :) your 500 is a project?

Yes, unfortunately............. motor runs though !! lol

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67060.125.html
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

nelson_audet

hemi68charger

Quote from: nelson_audet on August 24, 2011, 11:37:20 AM
no interior pic? trunk? engine?

If interested, I can email pictures. The original 440 is long gone. It has a '69 440 in it now that runs. I haven't gotten to the tranny yet to put her in drive, need to address the brake system (at least the rears so I can stop the wheels).. But, in a nutshell, it'll need trunk pan, quarters and rear valance, your typical Charger stuff. Interior's pretty much all there for a driver. The floor pan on the driver's side will need repairing/patching. Personally, I would do the full AMD pan unless you find yourself a nice forward pan section out of a donor B-body. The rear interior pans are fine, I was just going to do it to do it....

Motor running: with manual cranking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFeUV7_DBA

Motor running: after I installed the six pack to play around with and got the ignition up and going from inside
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqCKWRo1V0s

Troy

WINGMAN

I just sold my 69 500 this past weekend to a frend of mine He is a member on here , it was a driver + in condishion. The Daytona might be sold to a guy overseas.      Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 24, 2011, 12:34:17 PM
I just sold my 69 500 this past weekend to a frend of mine He is a member on here , it was a driver + in condishion. The Daytona might be sold to a guy overseas.      Jay.

Jay !!!!  You're totally getting out of the Charger World?
Troy

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 24, 2011, 12:34:17 PM
I just sold my 69 500 this past weekend to a frend of mine He is a member on here , it was a driver + in condishion. The Daytona might be sold to a guy overseas.      Jay.
wow JR  sad to here this    , bummer    :'( :'( :'(
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGMAN

Sturt  the Daytona is not sold yet  if you want it drop me a line, It is priced fair and i have a lot of NOS, Repo parts to go with it.    It is time to move on in life     Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 24, 2011, 01:20:32 PM
Sturt  the Daytona is not sold yet  if you want it drop me a line, It is priced fair and i have a lot of NOS, Repo parts to go with it.    It is time to move on in life     Jay.
thanks for the offer I would love to have your car ,  but have no cash , just cars right now  .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGMAN on August 24, 2011, 01:20:32 PM
Sturt  the Daytona is not sold yet  if you want it drop me a line, It is priced fair and i have a lot of NOS, Repo parts to go with it.    It is time to move on in life     Jay.

Ah heck......... I'll take the NOS parts off your hands so you don't have to deal with it...... (even though my last name is Hawkes, I just felt like a vulture with that statment)..  :D

Jay, whatever direction you're going, you'll excel.................
Troy

XS29LA47V21

Sad to hear JR, put me in the stack of buyers on anything true NOS please....... PM me, thanks,

To the topic at hand.

Worth (having) or value (apparent $) are clearly in my opinion not a specific number and there are different reasons for buying, partially because I am in the stack it's a hobby (loss at times).  Available it tough, be flexible minded in search might help for what is really wanted ....good deal or the perfect car.   But it looks like nationally the two builders I know about are not for sale at those numbers below 20k, no different than the apparent price proven two nice green ones, the nice red one.....all on and off the market for several years in the 70-90s but not selling, but worth that to the owners to keep, good for them, they have nice cars (ps I came close to buying one of those at their asking price for what that is worth).  The blue SE 500 in FLA that appeared to be a deal of the day on ebay (but appeared very rusty to my eyes), not sure what happened on that one but appeared to sell super cheap. 

I should be the step child here, good grief, I just gave 2/3 cost of those nice car numbers for one that has not driven since the early 1980s and at the same time I would clearly state I would not have bought that same car if it was green, bronze, gold, red, etc at 20k.  Driver Daytona/500s just do not exist for the most part and even what do exist are still being cut up and restored to the 9's .  Also the ownership loyalty of these cars has always been very high, they just don't become available that often in many cases at any price, come try to buy my black one, good luck.  Rambling aside I think a clear purchased range should be expected  ....... I vote buy what you like at your budget, worth to you, less on a perceived market and the old idea buy one done my also apply.  Troy's car might be a good option or mine or Stuarts.   Just my thoughts, after all my wife does have three kids, two by birth.....