News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(dont shoot me) does anyone have a new mercury marauder? 2000-04?

Started by generalfan01, December 09, 2005, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalfan01

hey guys i kinda like the look of these even though they arent mopar, does anyone have one...comments? ???

TK73

I work with an old hotrodder who has one and has been "tweaking" it a bit.  Pretty cool car and fast considering it is a heavy 4-door.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Ponch ®

they are kinda cool. A couple of weeks ago there was one parked in a driveway near my house. It had V10 emblems and had Michigan manufacturer plates. A concept/prototype maybe? I didnt even know ford had V10's.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Orange_Crush

Quote from: generalfan01 on December 09, 2005, 04:31:48 PM
hey guys i kinda like the look of these even though they arent mopar, does anyone have one...comments? ???

Its cool enough, but requires a lot of help to get it to move with any kind of authority.

Its built on the panther Chassis which has been around pretty much unchanged since 1992 which tells a lot.   Personally, I'd take that money and buy a pre-'97 Caprice or Impala SS.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Ponch on December 09, 2005, 04:37:18 PM
they are kinda cool. A couple of weeks ago there was one parked in a driveway near my house. It had V10 emblems and had Michigan manufacturer plates. A concept/prototype maybe? I didnt even know ford had V10's.

Take what you JUST said and post it on crownvic.net.   and, if you listen real close, you'll be able to hear 2,000 Crownvic owners who may or may notwant to be in law enforcement, security, or Star Trek simultaneously wet their pants, blow a wad, and shit themselves.

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Orange_Crush on December 09, 2005, 04:39:47 PM

Take what you JUST said and post it on crounvic.net.   and, if you listen real close, you'll be able to hear 2,000 security guards/trekkies/wannabe cops simultaneously wet their pants, blow a wad, and shit themselves.

:haha:

seriously though...why? is it that rare?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lowprofile on December 09, 2005, 04:45:13 PM
Ford trucks are available with a Triton V-10 Engine

oh yeah. my bad

now that I think about it, it MIGHT have been a Crown Vic

looked like this:

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Ponch on December 09, 2005, 04:42:28 PM

Take what you JUST said and post it on crounvic.net.   and, if you listen real close, you'll be able to hear 2,000 security guards/trekkies/wannabe cops simultaneously wet their pants, blow a wad, and shit themselves.

There have been rumors circulating for a long time of a V-10 Panther.   I remember them talking about it a lot back when I was a member of Crownvic.net.

I guess Phord finally decided to shit or get off the pot and bring something out to go up against the Hemi Charger by putting a V-10 in these cars.   (the marauder only comes with the 4.6 liter V-8 cobra engine, so what you saw is a prototype of some sort).

Ponch ®

Quote from: Orange_Crush on December 09, 2005, 04:53:10 PM
Quote from: Ponch on December 09, 2005, 04:42:28 PM

There have been rumors circulating for a long time of a V-10 Panther.   I remember them talking about it a lot back when I was a member of Crownvic.net.

I guess Phord finally decided to shit or get off the pot and bring something out to go up against the Hemi Charger by putting a V-10 in these cars.   (the marauder only comes with the 4.6 liter V-8 cobra engine, so what you saw is a prototype of some sort).

dang...maybe I should have taken some pics. It was there for a few days then it was gone. My assumption that its some kind of prototype is because of the manufacturer plates.

Charger_Fan

A V-10 in one of those would be friggin' cool! Although, I'd hate to change the plugs...or anything else, for that matter.

I really like the looks of the Marauder. I like the all black Crown Vic cop cars too. :yesnod:
The only thing I don't like about the Marauder is the name...it reminds me of that old cartoon "I'm the masked Marauder". :crazy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NYCMille

I actually was going to buy one when they first came out, but with 302HP and a 0-60 of 7.4 seconds, I decided to pass... why they didn't put the supercharged 5.4L from the Cobra in there, I'll never know. I actually ran one in my Charger and it was very embarressing... for the Marauder. Mean looking car though... to bad they boched up the powerplant...

Old Moparz

How dare they ressurect an old car name & use it on a 4 door.    :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

HAZZARDJOHN

I Tried to buy one when I got out of College. I really liked them. I thought it was fast and handled great. It was comfortable and got good gas mileage. What more could you ask for. My insurance on it was going to be astronomical so I back out and bought another Ranger. The funny part is that I looked up my 0-60 times and the Ranger is only .7 of a second slower.   ;D   I didn't care, but I thought that was funny. I Woud take one of those over anything mopar has made car wise in the last 15 years.   :) The crown vic/marquis/marauder's are the last real cars in my opinion. Body on frame, V8, and Rear wheel drive! :METAL: :2thumbs:
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

73dodge

Quote from: TK73 on December 09, 2005, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 09, 2005, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on December 09, 2005, 05:14:25 PM
How dare they ressurect an old car name & use it on a 4 door.   :D
'Cause it's trendy. :icon_smile_big:

So that's where DCX got the idea...

I like em for a 4 door sedan that can haul @$$
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

mustanghater

parents got one, Its fast. Most of them are black on clack but if your lucky you can find a red or blue one.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed