News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Photos: Historic Trans Am Racing at the Coronado Speed Festival

Started by Rustymuscle, October 02, 2010, 11:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustymuscle

Check Out This Really Cool Coverage of the Coronado Speed Festival. Thought You Guys Might Like This:
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/historic-trans-am-racing-at-the-coronado-speed-festival/

Although competitors from across the pond were welcome to join the fray, it was the pony cars that truly made Trans Am. Ford, GM, Chrysler, and AMC took their beef to the asphalt during the heydays between 1968-through-1971. In fact, so virulent were these days that homologation rules swayed manufacturers' vehicle production, causing them to produce machines that adhered to Trans Am specs, most notably the 5-liter engine displacement rule, which birthed the BOSS 302 Mustang and the Camaro Z/28.

Light 'em up,
Kevin Shaw
Editor
Street Legal TV
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

Aero426

A shame to have to run at such a crappy flat makeshift course.    Yes, I realize the genesis of SCCA road racing was on airfields in the 1950's.   But those T/A cars belong on real road courses.