News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vector Wheels?

Started by G-man, February 17, 2015, 06:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hello,

I thought I remembered American Racing wheels doing a wheel called the VECTOR SE years ago, it was the general Lee type wheel, and it could have been gotten in 15x10 width.

I looked at american racing wheels now and there is no such thing as Vector SE and no such thing as 15x10.

I wonder did I mix stuff up or have things changed over the years?

Anyone know who does/can do a Vector wheel like the ones used in DOH in 15x10 size?

c00nhunterjoe

The origonals were available in 14x7, 15x7, 15x8.5, and 15x10.  The new release vector se wheel was only 15x7 and 15x8.

G-man

do you know who does the 15x10's ? Or they are not done any more?

69wannabe

I don't think they were offered in a 15 x 10. I can't remember for sure but I think the one's I had were 15 x 8.5's.

xoman60

Check out AKHWheels.com. They currently show only one 15x10 in stock but I would check with them anyway. I'm partial to the 15 spoke version of Western Cyclone II.

Mike DC

The new repros are only in two sizes, the 15x7" and the 15x8.5".  

The 8.5" repros have an offset 1" inch farther inwards than the originals (and the repro 7").  I suspect this change may have been done on the reissues to make it easier to design just one outer wheel face shape.  This way they only need to tweak it by 1/2" for the wider size.    

Frustration:  The wider 8.5" repros, with the changed offset, don't clear the upper ball joint on the front end of a '69 Charger!   :brickwall:

----------------------------------------

Old AR Vector 15x10's.  They stick out VERY Far.  IIRC the outer lip is fully 6" outside the mounting surface on the drum/rotor.