News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this cool or what!

Started by Tilar, January 10, 2011, 11:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nvrbdn

that is so sweet. be a cool cruiser. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

doctor4766

Out of interest, how would you get on driving a (ex) Police vehicle around town over there?
It's obviously not part of the current police fleet but I know you'd have a hard time doing it over here in Oz.
Gotta love a '69

Bob T

Pretty cool alright, that time capsule stuff is so neat to find.
Like this one also

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,76751.0.html
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

1969chargerrtse

Very cool, but no info if it is a time capsule? 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Tilar

Quote from: doctor4766 on January 12, 2011, 02:49:53 AM
Out of interest, how would you get on driving a (ex) Police vehicle around town over there?
It's obviously not part of the current police fleet but I know you'd have a hard time doing it over here in Oz.

You could drive it to shows and all, but to drive it as a daily driver you would probably have to change the red lights to yellow or something.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Bob T

One of the local ( downcountry )Mopar guys here has a 1 owner ex Minnesota State Trooper car- the retired Trooper brought it off the State after his retirement.
Colin and his wife  drive it everywhere, loves taking kids for rides at shows, he only had to pull the fuse out to render siren & flasher bar inoperative to get it to comply for road use. Has dummy shotguns etc , apparently he isnt supposed to drive around with them  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Vainglory, Esq.

That thing is a hell of lot more intimidating that the crappy FWD Impalas the staties have got running around these days...

Ponch ®

Quote from: doctor4766 on January 12, 2011, 02:49:53 AM

Here in Cali I believe you have to cover up the lights and badges, and also have "not in service" signs visible.  I've seen some guys bring their 60-70s cop cars to shows and they have huge magnetic badges that they put on the car as soon as it gets parked, then take them off before driving away.

The whole idea is to make sure people don't think you are a real cop in a real cop car.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Yea, because the 55-year-old car wouldn't be enough of a clue.

nvrbdn

Quote from: bull on January 12, 2011, 04:33:30 PM
Yea, because the 55-year-old car wouldn't be enough of a clue.

:smilielol: :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mike DC

More than one guy in a replica "Hazzard County" 70s Mopar has gotten trouble for it from cops.  

Khyron

my buddy with the retired Cal highway patrol car has a written letter from California, and New York. The reason he can drive it around with everything is because nowhere on it does it say "Police" it says "Highway Patrol"

nice loophole huh? ;)

me, I just have a flashy Yellow car that he chases up and down the road ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.