News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Steering Wheel... Horn issues

Started by DJF, March 21, 2011, 02:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJF

Hello all,

Been spending the winter tidying up the interior on my car and i got a new steering wheel... this one

But i dont have a horn switch or... some other bits, dunno what they are but its clear i need other bits. Can anyone help me and tell me where i can get them from?
car is a 70 B-Body Charger

Many Thanks

DJF

Great stuff thanks.... going back to an original steering wheel isnt cheap

BananaDan

You could speak with this guy, http://www.steeringwheelsbymike.com/.  I bought a complete woodgrain repro wheel setup from him, which came with the adapters, button, Dodge emblem and an NOS horn switch.  All-in-one shopping and he does great work.  If you already have the wheel, he may be able to set you up with everything you're missing.  Also, if you bought a repro 70 woodgrain wheel from PGC/BEA, 3 holes need to be drilled in it for the black plastic adapter which he does.  He also offers a service to make the repro wheels look original by redoing the woodgrain finish and brushing the chromed spokes because they are supposed to be brushed, not chromed.

Steering wheels are crazy expensive, but they look awesome.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein