News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 speed hump help

Started by poppa, April 12, 2011, 07:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Does anyone,with a 69 4 speed, have their interior out that could take some pics and measurements of where the shifter hole should be, approximately. Now that my dash is in it seems too far forward. I was going to weld in the console brackets but I want to make sure it's at least pretty close. Thanks for your time.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Charger-Bodie

I don't have measurements, but these pic show pretty good reference.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

poppa

Thank the future gearhead in the pics. They should help...

Troy

I can get measurements but how could the hole be located in the wrong spot??? The "hump" only fits one way.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

poppa

Someone previously just hacked the crap out of my hump area ,so I just want to make sure it's in the ballpark before I weld my brackets in. It must have had a auto console in there at one time that someone cut off. The remains of the rear console bracket were still there and if I line up the rear bracket with that spot,it seems too far back.Thank you

Troy

The first two are my clone and the second two are my original 4-speed R/T. The tape measure was wedged into the seam between the firewall and floor pan.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

poppa

Perfect. Thanks for taking the time to do that for me.   :cheers: