News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A couple of cool trucks and a tractor

Started by Slowpoke, August 13, 2011, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowpoke

Went to the state fair today and saw these cool trucks and an unusual tractor there.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

bajaherbie

the tractor is a Minneapolis-Moline which later became Oliver which later became White tractors.  not sure what became of white tractors though....

never seen a jeep cab-over truck like that. pretty cool looking to me...

GPULLER

That Moline is a "comfortractor"  there were very few built in '38, they had heat, fan, cig lighter.  They also went close to 40mph on the road.  They sell in the 100 thousand dollar range if you find a real one.

rt green

kind of wonder why everyone else didnt build them that way. its cold up north
third string oil changer

Lizey

Quote from: bajaherbie on August 13, 2011, 06:31:58 PM
the tractor is a Minneapolis-Moline which later became Oliver which later became White tractors.  not sure what became of white tractors though....

i may be wrong but i think White became AGCO or a brand of AGCO (like Oldsmobile was to GM or something like that) in the late 80s-early 90s or something like that
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

bajaherbie

AGCO is right....

i grew up on a cotton farm is oklahoma, we still have a Oliver 1600 tractor that my dad bought new in  64 or 65. later we used allis-chalmers, and Duetz tractors until my dad retired....

Magnumcharger

In regards to the Minneapolis-Moline, I just bought a book that describes this tractor in depth.

Apparently, the company designed it to serve as both a tractor and as a car, hence the enclosed cab.
The thought was that a small-time farmer could save a significant amount of money by not having to lay out the cash for two seperate vehicles.

For all of this innovation, the company sold only a very small amount of these tractors. They were way ahead of their time. :scratchchin:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Tilar

Quote from: GPULLER on August 14, 2011, 02:37:48 PM
That Moline is a "comfortractor"  there were very few built in '38, they had heat, fan, cig lighter.  They also went close to 40mph on the road.  They sell in the 100 thousand dollar range if you find a real one.

Extremely rare. I think the actual model designation was UDLX.  They sold in the $2000 range when they were new which was a ton of money for a depression era tractor. It's no wonder they only sold a handful of them.  I still have a 1940 John Deere "B" that my grandfather bought new in 1940 for $700.  Came with the plows and cultivators, Dad still has the bill of sale that came with it.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ACUDANUT

I still love my John Deere...But I Love all American Made Tractors...Seems like everyone is buying: Mahindra,Kobota and anything else, but American. :brickwall:

Tilar

All we have are John Deere. 5 tractors, a dozer and backhoe.  A friend of my dad was selling a farmal M with a two row mounted picker on it for $1200. Ran great and the sheet metal was really nice but it did need painted. I told Dad that I was going to buy it and repaint it just to flip it, Dad asked me where I planned on putting it because he wasn't going to allow it on the farm since it was red.  :smilielol:
Dave  

ACUDANUT

Yep, If it ain't green "it ain't worth a damn" lol...My fathers words.

Tilar

:rofl:  I wonder if they went to school together?  :scratchchin:
Dave  

BBKNARF

Love that Dodge Powerwagon, almost bought one until someone bet me to it  :rotz:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.